PDA

View Full Version : what are objectTypeFilter, selectionListOperator, etc

CaptainSam
08-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Ive got all these nodes that keep piling up in model files that I have no idea what are there for, and I cant make sense of the node documentation

so, what in heavens name are, objectFilter, objectNameFilter, objectAttrFilter, objectScriptFilter, objectMultiFilter, objectRenderFilter, selectionListOperator and os on good for, and will I break anything if I just kill them, since they all appear to be connected only to eachother and never touch the geometry or shaders

BoostAbuse
08-06-2007, 03:39 PM
They're internal DAG objects used by the API for filtering various bits of information when either queried by command or through the user interface. They won't harm or hinder the scene at all as they're a forced creation on startup of Maya every time so even if you manually delete all of them, your next session will automatically replicate the DAG hierarchy and recreate them.

The general rule of thumb is, if it doesn't appear in an 'ls -typ unknown' then it's not going to be hazardous (unknown nodes usually lend themselves to nuggets that grow in size with every save).

-s

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2007, 03:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.