PDA

View Full Version : Armor setup (need help)

Daymeare
04-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Hy all im trying to build a starship troopers like armor but i can't seem to get all the pieces working
This is a (very) low detail piece that i've tried with md2000 but it just dosen'd work .Very frecvently it just crashes my computer
(im using windos98 with 128mb of ram)

If it's just that i don't have a good enough computer please tell me
im begining to crawl up walls here

10ks

ambient-whisper
04-07-2002, 07:54 PM
you could try attaching each armour piece to a bone,
so this way you could control them on your own. and or using expressions so that when the arm rotates so many degrees, the armour bones will react by rotating as well.

Anthony
04-07-2002, 10:54 PM
Yeha, its good to create a second basic skeleton for the armor and have each piece weighted for its own bone. You'll have the main skeleton bones that are in the figure's skeleton, and have those use follower to mimic the character's motion. Don't set a delay since your armor is tightly attached. Don't bother positioning those bones - just add them, name them, and parent them the same way the main skeleton bones are setup, add follower, and then once they snap into position rest them("r"). Then if some of your armor needs a seperate bone, add that in branching off the skeleton. Works nicely, this is a test render of one of my setups, where I used follower combined with rotation and movement limits to keep the armor from penetrating itself and the body.
http://www.antsin3d.com/reeldev/ogwat2.mov

the_jonas
04-11-2002, 08:28 PM
that anni u posted looks cool, do u have any tutorial on hove its done or can u tell me =). it looks like when the flesh toutch the armor the armor moves its very cool i think

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.