PDA

View Full Version : Error message in AECS3

DMPGurt
08-06-2007, 04:47 AM
So i'm having a little trouble with AECS3 on my computer, when I open any of my project files i get this error: "After Effects error: making file specification - no such volume (-35) (3::158)". Then once the project is open all my video and image files are unlinked, then once they are relinked and i try to render it out, its like they are unlinked again. so it just renders out as color bars.

I've already tired uninstalling the program and reinstalling it, but i still get that message.

well any information on the subject and how to fix it would be great, thanks.

Mylenium
08-06-2007, 04:39 PM
So i'm having a little trouble with AECS3 on my computer, when I open any of my project files i get this error: "After Effects error: making file specification - no such volume (-35) (3::158)". Then once the project is open all my video and image files are unlinked, then once they are relinked and i try to render it out, its like they are unlinked again. so it just renders out as color bars.

I've already tired uninstalling the program and reinstalling it, but i still get that message.

well any information on the subject and how to fix it would be great, thanks.

Are you using a RAID? The error is certainly OS-related and much deeper than AE. You can re-install all you want, it won't fix it. I'd assume your RAID is not correctly mounted in your file system and the file descriptors/ directory entries point to incorrect data chunks.

Mylenium

DMPGurt
08-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks Mylenium,

Most of my files are just on a seperate internal Hard Drive. Do you know what i could do to correct the problem?

Mylenium
08-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks Mylenium,

Most of my files are just on a seperate internal Hard Drive. Do you know what i could do to correct the problem?

In that case it's still a malfunction in the OS somehow. A few things to check:

- Are your cables plugged in correctly or are they somehow loose?
- Does the plug use the shortest connection?
- If you use SATA, is the controller correctly anchored in your system? Do you need a special driver for it? If it's onboard, is it correctly configured in your BIOS?
- Does your harddisc use some odd caching mechanism causing long delays?
- Is the disc part of the energy saving process scheme and needs time to spin up after hibernation?
- How do normal OS operations like copy, move and rename react on the drive in question? Is there anything wrong?
- Is the disk heavily fragmented?
- Is there some virus scanning tool or firewall controlling disk access?
- Are you using virtual discs e.g. image drives from CDs that may mess up drive letters?

Try to anlayze each of these possibilities step by step. One of them is bound to show some oddities which might in turn give you a clue about what's going on.

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2007, 08:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.