PDA

View Full Version : Morphblender Question

dragonfollower
03-28-2003, 05:51 AM
Hi all,

I'm doing all of my facial animation with morphs. Because of rigging and IK setup, my character isn't in the same exact pose in Animate mode as he is in Setup mode. I've tried using Morphblender, but it doesn't seem to do anything unless the original model is in the same exact pose as the morph model. Is there a way around this? Or does the character have to be in the exact same pose in order for it to work? I hope this isn't a RTFM question. I've read through it and can't find anything that explains this clearly.

-Brian Taylor

mg3d
03-28-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi Brian,
I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the whole setup thingy. But try this first: Go into setup mode and select your bone deform effect that you have for your character. Then go to the effects tab and in the Target Objects Options block, select your object and make sure that Factored weights is on and just RESELECT your object in the dropdown list and make sure that Use Pre-Deformed points is checked. By reselecting your object in the dropdown list, it's almost like your refreshing it to recognize that there is the morphblender effect on it.

As far as your setup mode being different from the animate mode, the morphs should import into the same place as where your object is located.

I hope that's what you were talking about. If not, oh well :)

-mG

dragonfollower
03-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Hey thanks! Looks like I just needed to check "Use Pre-Deformed Points". Now my only question is, how do you get the wireframe "cage" of the morph pose to be invisible?

-Brian

mg3d
03-28-2003, 07:03 PM
>Now my only question is, how do you get the wireframe "cage" of the morph pose to be invisible?<

just click the little letters next to your object in the item list.

good luck

:thumbsup:

-mG

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.