PDA

View Full Version : 'i wish i was a sailor' contains nudity

seethemd
04-07-2002, 06:11 PM
made using 3dstudiomax4, comments appreciated.

inspired by an image i saw of an overweight woman singing into a lamp, and the david bowie track 'miracle goodnight'

'i wish i was a sailor'

http://home.kooee.com.au/theresaf/iwiwas.jpg

toce
04-07-2002, 06:42 PM
huhu

very funny.... but some areas don't fit the ftaness (speling?) of that woman.

I love the head (close up?)

The only bad thing is the background and the floor... You could do better.

seethemd
04-07-2002, 08:27 PM
toce : the floor and the curtain are a little david lynch homage, making it more complicated or realistic would ruin the joke.

Wiro
04-08-2002, 03:29 AM
Hehe, not bad. Very nice model although her belly looks a bit pointy at places. You got the fat look quite nicely there. Maybe her fingers could be a bit more sausagy.

One problem I have with the picture is the composition...it looks a bit too empty around her. Maybe dolly the camera in a bit or break it up more with better texture around her.

Wiro

Sausage
04-08-2002, 04:10 AM
Hehe.. I think this is a refreshing change to what we normally see posted. Hey Wiro, u saying her fingers should look more like mine? (check my handle) hehe Just kidding.

Wiro, I see what u mean about the fingers though. However, in real life...u do sometimes see the peculiar site of big lasses with tiny hands and feet. Although, the majority of the heavier birds do tend to have fingers a bit more on the podgy side.

I think it's quite a cool model, anyways. No pipes or masks to be seen anywhere. Nice. Kind of moves off on a tangent from Stahlberg recent offerings? hehe You tend to see models of women in the "ideal" form.

I'm unsure what's going on with the microphone? Does it double up as a light too?

Anyway, I've had my say. I give a hearty thumbs up for the image... and I don't mean a sausage-shaped thumb, Wiro.

xynaria
04-08-2002, 10:49 PM
I think some areas could do with further refinement/tweaking (i.e. most of the folds) but think it's got the makings of a brilliant image and it's kind of a shame you didn't put up a larger version.
To me, the framing might benefit from moving slightly to the left, and possibly truck in slightly but agree with you about not wanting to complicate the background.
If I ask really nicely will you.....
a) Push this as far as you can?
b) Put up a bigger render?

:) :D

seethemd
04-10-2002, 10:27 AM
thanks for all the comments, these are the changes ive made, and then a link to the new version (which is about twice the size)

got rid of the flowers that didnt look much like flowers, accentuated the power cord (which was the main joke, uh, like she isnt even plugged in - but which wasnt comming across at all in the earlier version) ive also cracked the floor up, you know, from her weight, im worried its too hard to read, what with the checkered floor (which maybe was a mistake to begin with) painted some proper metal textures for the mike stand, tore up the curtain a little at the bottom, changed the composition a bit, taking some of the empty space off the sides, and its a little more contrasty with the lighting...

as for the model, tried to have her react better to gravity* and also smoothed her stomach out, made her breasts a tiny bit bigger, some more distinct veins added to her legs, and fiddled with the hair a little...

here she is :

http://home.kooee.com.au/theresaf/miraclenomore.jpg

comments on the revised version appreciated!

exerion
04-10-2002, 12:07 PM
Wow dude awesome work :thumbsup:

How did you know what my mum looked like?

:buttrock:

xynaria
04-10-2002, 09:17 PM
Looks rather like early period Jo Brand.. you should send there a copy perhaps??? :p

Think the elbows and above the knees could do with a little attention and that the vein on the thigh is a bit too overstated and thick.. But it's still looking damn good. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.