PDA

View Full Version : ? skeletonWorks.mel ?

scottg1031
08-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I still conceder my self a new t maya even though I've been playing with it for about 6 months now.

Anyway I found this mel script called "skeletonWorks" but I cant get ti to do more than open a UI.. I click create skeleton and nothing happens no errors or any thing in the script editor.

Any advice? Is this a good script for creating a rig?

Thanks for any tips or such.

scott

scottg1031
08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
also I am using maya 8.5

and I have read the documents that came with maya but Even after following the instructions no luck I just get the UI.

INSTALLATION
skeletonWorks.mel is compatible with Maya version 2.0 and higher.

copy the skeletons folder to your AW folder C:\aw or /usr/aw
copy the icons to your ~/maya/x.x/prefs/icons
copy the following scripts to your ~/maya/x.x/scripts folder: skeletonWorks.mel, circleJoints.mel, milliped.mel
To start skeletonWorks, source the script or create a shortcut on one of the shelves.

scottg1031
08-03-2007, 04:37 PM
ok I've done all I can do or figure out ..

I got names of the skeleton works .skl files to show up in my list . But when I click create I get this error in the Script editor. and I cant figure out script for the life of me.. I have tried but I just cant wrap my head around it. Heres the error any help would be appreciated.

// Warning: file: /Users/scottgipson/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/8.5/scripts/skeletonWorks.mel line 164: fopen: unable to open file "/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/8.5/skeletons/swLib0_Humanbiped_detailed.skl" for mode "r". //
swLoadSkeleton;

scottg1031
08-06-2007, 07:39 PM
so no one uses this??

can some one recommend a quick rigging system?

I have no problem setting up legs and arms pretty quick. it the spine I can never get right. Oh well

djx
08-07-2007, 04:15 AM
Scott, I havent used skeleton works so I cant help with that, but I would recommend either of the follwing:

http://www.animationstudios.com.au/AdvancedSkeleton/helpfiles/index.html
(the free download is on highend3d - not sure why they decided to give it away)

and my personal favourite:
http://www.macaronikazoo.com/

The zooToolbox is more complicated until you get to know your way around it, but it is totally flexible in terms of what you can make it do.

-- David

stantang
08-07-2007, 04:45 AM
ok I've done all I can do or figure out ..

I got names of the skeleton works .skl files to show up in my list . But when I click create I get this error in the Script editor. and I cant figure out script for the life of me.. I have tried but I just cant wrap my head around it. Heres the error any help would be appreciated.

// Warning: file: /Users/scottgipson/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/8.5/scripts/skeletonWorks.mel line 164: fopen: unable to open file "/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/8.5/skeletons/swLib0_Humanbiped_detailed.skl" for mode "r". //
swLoadSkeleton;

Are you using a 64 bit Maya? We have the same problem when using the fopen command with 64 bit Maya. I think it's a Maya bug...

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2007, 04:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.