PDA

View Full Version : New Demo Reel!

Booyah
08-03-2007, 05:19 AM
This is my final demo reel before I graduate. Hope you all like it. ANy C&C welcome.

DEMO REEL (http://www.animatormark.com/Video/demoH264B.mov)

Also check out my website animatormark.com (http://www.animatormark.com/)

Christina-C
08-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Your walk/run cycle views are your best work. The others don't communicate as well. The last bit of lip-sync animation was also good. My opinion, dump the other stuff, or replace those rigged models with the more polished ones and tweak from there. Always put your best work first. The first 10 seconds should be the deal breaker and make a prospective employer want to watch more. Make sure the entire reel is of the same quality, your best work. I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

kalfred02
08-04-2007, 10:12 PM
If you are going to put the guy jumping toward the front of your reel...don't use the slow-mo portion...there is an obvious pop in the knee...

Banshax
08-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Mark,

The walkcycles with "alfred" are working well.
However your animation knowledge and planning isn`t getting a real chance with
your other shots.

The jump for example is a tricky bodymechanics excersize.
at Animation Mentor an excersize like that takes 3 weeks and its a tough one.

So take you time. Record some reference and study it. Plan it well and take your time with
blocking and animating. Take something "simple" and have fun with it. Take it easy, slowly and make a piece worth putting on your reel. Like the alfred walks.

Remember, a simple piece done very well will impress. A complex piece with some issues will not impress much. Not to mention that its hardly any fun to work on a shot thats too hard. Keep it simple and fun.

The walks show you got the basics well. Nice going. Keep it up and enjoy, if you`re not having fun than its time to start enjoying it :]

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2007, 12:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.