PDA

View Full Version : Maya freezes when rendering a still image

lerimama
08-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Hello everybody!

This is my first time posting a Q on any forum.

Iam doing an animation in maya 7.0. Till yesterday it all went fine, but than from nowhere problems with rendering started. When I choose "render" or "IPR render" for rendering a still image, maya just freezes and I have to shut down the program.

I've tried lots of different render settings, from HQ to LQ, ... Well, actually I think that the problem is not in the render globals settings, but somewhere "behind" Maya. One minute it worked well, and than it stopped.

I realy lost all ideas to crack this problem. If you think you know the solution, pleas help.

Thanks in advance!

Kako
08-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Are you rendering with maya software or mental ray? Do you get any messages in the output window?
Does it happen with a scene in particular or can't you render any scene at all?
If you can't render any scene, then I guess you may have corrupted files. In that case you should consider reinstalling maya.
Or it may be a memory problem. Or even an issue with the geometry of an object or a shader.
Anyway, if you had any feedback from the output window, it would help a lot.
Good luck!
Kako.

lerimama
08-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Actually it all started working about an hour ago. I don't know why, but I am smiling again. Still, thank you for ideas and clues about what to check if this should occur again.

Čus!

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2007, 09:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.