PDA

View Full Version : Python scripts for MotionBuilder..!...?

ruediman
08-02-2007, 10:22 AM
hi guys,

i would be especially interested in any available python script for Motionbuilder 7.5, or hints where 2 find examples (Im animator-so not talented in programming;-)

I found an old thread about things of interest regarding scripts
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=85&t=307378&highlight=python

and if I had to make a suggestion I like to have a script for:
- align the local rotation axis in MB
- mirror skin weights
- mirror bones (including "behaviour" e.g. DOFs, Axis)

Hopefully there will be some nice Siggraph attendees to spread their experiences after the workshops .--))

best

Neill
08-02-2007, 10:57 AM
hi guys,

i would be especially interested in any available python script for Motionbuilder 7.5, or hints where 2 find examples (Im animator-so not talented in programming;-)

I found an old thread about things of interest regarding scripts
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=85&t=307378&highlight=python

and if I had to make a suggestion I like to have a script for:
- align the local rotation axis in MB
- mirror skin weights
- mirror bones (including "behaviour" e.g. DOFs, Axis)

Hopefully there will be some nice Siggraph attendees to spread their experiences after the workshops .--))

best

Hi ruediman,

MB custom install includes some example Python scripts, also use help system where have declared all python classes and methods. Hope this helps U.

ruediman
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Neill, thanks for the reply! :-)
Ive seen only 3 example scripts in Python (after standard installation): its "NewCamera.py" and "pyfbsdk.pyd / pyfbsdk_init.py"

Ive had a look into the editor (rightclick->edit) but could not get the clue...

The Python help in MB did not say anything about mirroring, but indeed sth. about local rotation axis --> ..."FBVector3d Class Reference"...Unfortunately I didnt understand :-(

I expected to find as much as in the Maya Help for Python...

Thanks for the help, anyway:)

Neill
08-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi Neill, thanks for the reply! :-)
Ive seen only 3 example scripts in Python (after standard installation): its "NewCamera.py" and "pyfbsdk.pyd / pyfbsdk_init.py"

Ive had a look into the editor (rightclick->edit) but could not get the clue...

The Python help in MB did not say anything about mirroring, but indeed sth. about local rotation axis --> ..."FBVector3d Class Reference"...Unfortunately I didnt understand :-(

I expected to find as much as in the Maya Help for Python...

Thanks for the help, anyway:)

Look into your MotionBuilder directory, with full install there must be a PythonScripting folder with samples...

ruediman
08-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi Neill,

hoping not to bother U, but I just cant find:-(
Even in the Cliparts. Me doubt not many people do script for MB?! :-(
Cheerz

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x49/ruediman/PythonScript_Dir.jpg

Neill
08-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi ruediman,

as I can see U have MB 7.5, that why all python sample scripts may exists. U should look not in MotionBuilder\bin\config\scripts directory... Try this - reInstall MB, where as installation type choose CUSTOM, and U need to checked python scripts.
After that try this path for sample scripts - motion builder\PythonScripting\...

I wish U to find sample scripts :)

ruediman
08-08-2007, 08:27 AM
ill do that sometime...Maybe on the computer of my colleague. Its not so urgent, because ill rig ect. in Maya.

I fear that the sample scripts wont help me anyway, because it doesnt say anything to me. I asked our programmer - hes from charkov ;-) And hopefully he is helping me out =B-]

Best&thanks

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2007, 08:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.