PDA

View Full Version : Rumplestiltskin

Thrax
04-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Hello all, This would be my first post here. Looks like a thriving community. I thought I'd start off with a little mischief maker. Please feel free to crit and don't pull the punches. :)

http://www.sunstorm.net/~dave/images/2D_Art/Rumplestiltskin.jpg

Bolaz
04-07-2002, 02:08 PM
hehe nice, like the way he looks at me, his eyes really draw attention.. you should model him! =]

Gilgamesh
04-07-2002, 02:39 PM
The hat is the best part. It is great how his ears just stick through.
The stitchings on the mouth look a little undeveloped, almost like a scribble. If you are planning on working on this guy more, I would also suggest (IMO) separating the feet from the legs, via shoes or some sort of seam or crease or something.
The hair is great, too.

Also, his chin is in a position where it could be mistaken for his neck...which just looks weird when you think about it.

Thrax
04-07-2002, 11:05 PM
Gilgamesh:
Good suggestions thanks. The only one that really bugs me now is the chin neck thing. I was liking the feet being part of a pair of tights with a bit of nastiness hidden beneath the fabric. I could put some highlights on the thread holding his mouth shut. I'll tweak and re-post.

Bolaz: Thanks I put the eyes in shadow from the hat to intensify them a little. I may take your suggestion and model him.

Korgath
04-08-2002, 12:28 AM
Cool drawing :thumbsup:

Just a question: What race is it? (Troll, orc, ..?)

Thrax
04-08-2002, 12:46 AM
Korgath: Actually I had not given it much thought until you posed the question. I will say that he is the misbegotten result of a swamp imp raping a tree dwelling elf. Sort of a one of a kind half breed. :)

Thrax
04-08-2002, 05:13 AM
Ok I did an update. I lengthened the chin and defined the neckline of the shirt. I moved the hands up a little and detailed the bindings on his mouth. I also decided to float him above the ground a little to add to his potency. Last I pushed just a tiny amount of lighting onto the flat areas of color. Just a little. :)

ParanoidAndroid
04-08-2002, 05:42 AM
I'm loving all your little fantasy creatures. I really love fantasy type charactors and the like I've just never been good at thinking them up. I think maybe the guys over at Magic the Gathering could use your talents...your creatures seem very much their style! ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.