PDA

View Full Version : Serious F'd up ATI MMC

singularity2006
03-27-2003, 07:00 PM
In my rage of my stupid ATI DVD player crashing on me while playing a very good anime I had just bought, I installed MMC and DVD 8.1 over MMC7.1 on my Radeon 8500LE card.... needless to say, I don't have the original DVD or MMC CD's for this release so it installed but only partly and nothing worked. So I installed MMC7.1 back in there with DVD 7.6 and my drivers but none of the applications in MMC work. Double click and nothing happens.... and when I tried to uninstall, it would say "uninstall successful" but the stupid application is still listed in the add/remove programs menu. But anyhow, I can't run any of the applications in there regardless how many times I uninstall and reinstall... ATI CD, file player, etc etc etc. Now I'm down to just the baseline ATI Catalyst Driver and ATI DVD... multimedia center is not installed... I got too annoyed. ATI DVD works fine though. But the multimedia center itself will not work. And yes, upon uninstalling i made sure to erase registry keys and such and file folders for the thing and cleared my temps.

DaForce
03-27-2003, 10:58 PM
You seem to be having no end of troubles with this machine, how about you just put it aside and finish your finals, and then format the sucker and get it up and running properly again.

singularity2006
03-28-2003, 01:08 AM
finals are over.. @ best, I have an A,B,C. Anyhow, I would format if I had time... next week I have to complete this web project.... formatting would take my system offline for 2 days.... time is precious!! okay, time to start fixing up the massive amount of artic silver and fixing up my friend's laptop. l8rs people. =D

but while I wait, any suggestions? =D

DaForce
03-28-2003, 01:31 AM
Ok, First of all, here is what i would do. Uninstall evercopy of MMC, and DVD that you have. Get the latest version off the net and install them. But i think you have already done that. Also goto www.ati.com/support and have a look at the database there, i think there may be a few things with mmc.

hmm try those and report back

singularity2006
03-28-2003, 02:53 AM
formatting.... :buttrock:

DaForce
03-28-2003, 03:19 AM
hahaha formatting hey......the fixer upper of all computer problems :-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.