PDA

View Full Version : dissapearing colors?

Hana-chan
07-31-2007, 09:24 PM
I am working on making a forest of bamboo for a short in xStream. I'm new to using vue, so I don't know alot. But when I go to do a final render, the color on the leaves flickers between the original green color put on it, and a white-ish color. It is a Vue solid growth plant, however, the leaves and alpha channels are imported images. In Maya terms, it seams like there is a key on the color. I've done some searching already and it seams like it might be an issue with using the breeze effects. How do i fix this problem?

Wabe
08-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Could it be that this has to do with some reflection/highlight settings in the leaves materials? Sounds a little like that. Together with maybe some low anti-aliasing settings that then makes the flickering effect because the facets become too small and the software has to make "decisions".

I would try two things.

#1 try other leaves to see wether it is a problem of these specific ones, and

#2 increase the anti-aliasing settings in your render options to see wether the problem becomes better.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2007, 07:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.