PDA

View Full Version : HMC 10 : Torada

AndreKling
07-31-2007, 04:32 PM
I wanted to do this images for a few reasons, one is because bull fight is a kinda of national sports here in spain, and the season has just started, so in a way is an homnage to this beautifull country ( even though i think its a stupid sport, and very cruel, i cant denie that its part of the culture in here ). Another reason is that i have to get the hang of maya, so im forcing myself to do everything in maya, i could go much faster in max, but i have to get speed on maya, and the last reason is that the bull is sucha muscular animal that i can have alot of fun in the modelling part, and the torero ( another human character damit :D ), does some crazy extremy poses, so it will aslo fun to model it.
I have gathered some images and putted on the reference thread, now i started on the base mesh, keeping all quads for now, will take a shower now and get back to modelling, meanwhile here is my first wip image.
Andre.
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/627/wip1rl1.jpg

EnergyPulse
07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow great work, i really love the smooth poly flow and evenly placed verts, a very clean mesh.

-Ep

cjewell
07-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Excellent start, nice poly flow...can't wait to see more.

AndreKling
07-31-2007, 09:17 PM
cjewell - thnx man, apreciated, im trying to improve my pflow skills.

EnergyPulse - Hey, thnx man :) im glad you are liking it.

Ok, worked a litle more on the body, now i need a break, for my back is killing me. Hopefully i will work a litle more on the legs before call a night.
Here is the wip image so far.

Andre
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1593/wip2pf9.jpg

Yav
07-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Brilliant!

BadG3r
07-31-2007, 10:02 PM
puh... your model looks great at this stage.

hope to achieve that look in the end *sweat*

eldee
08-01-2007, 12:09 AM
looks great, you're off to a flying start

nielot
08-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi
perfect start :thumbsup:
love everything so im looking forwart to update :)

gaiXyn
08-01-2007, 07:27 PM
reallyGood start man!!....I like your polyFlow...looks well planned out and seems like all Quads too....

ltr-

TheRazorsEdge
08-02-2007, 06:22 AM
Talk about an excellent start! This is looking great! :thumbsup:

AndreKling
08-04-2007, 07:11 PM
YAV -- Thanks man, im loving your model too, hope mine looks as good as yours in the end.

BadG3r -- Thnks man, although there is still a long way to go...

eldee -- Yeah, i was trying to knock off as much as i could before my first day at work, hope i can finish this fast.

nielot -- Thnks mate, i hope not disapoint you with my updates.

gaiXyn -- :) I think its all quads, this is something im trying to get used to, since i come from a video game background and for us tris is no problems at all.

TheRazorsEdge -- Thnx man, hopefully the final model will look as good as my start ehehe.

Hey, thak you very much guys, i have been busy lately, just got a new job and couldnt work on the model until today, now with this job will be hard to find time to work on the model, maybe only weekends and perhaps a few hours before go to bed, but its ok since i love my job :D and now will have to work with maya all times.
Finished the base model, still not sure about the final poly flow on the legs, i think it will work though, so unless you guys hv some ideas regarding it, i will unwrap and rigg it to export to mud box and have some fun with muscles modelling.
will start on the torero model soon aswell, so let me know what you guys think so far.
atenciously.
Andre Kling David
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/3579/wip3jk7.jpg

grassetti
08-05-2007, 01:03 AM
nice work man.. keep it going!

Intervain
08-05-2007, 01:34 AM
the bull's looking great! Looking forward to seeing it develop for sure! :thumbsup: I especially like the head!

TheRazorsEdge
08-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Very nice, very nice! I really like your polyflow and the bull looks great so far! This one is gonna be a killer!:thumbsup:

PS: lol I really hope this beauty of a bull takes the torero on his horns with a vengeance!:applause:

KrakenCMT
08-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Great looking mesh! He's already got a great presence about him!

octopus7
08-06-2007, 11:40 PM
beautifully made mesh, I agree with TheRazorsEdge and hope you model the bull giving the bull fighter a taste of his own medicine.

nmcelmury
08-07-2007, 03:47 AM
Thats a really good looking mesh you have there so far, keep up the good work, im looking forward to an update!

animastur
08-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Good work. Perhaps despite the horns they are very small and the shoulders zone are seen too big!
:thumbsup:

AndreKling
08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
animastur - Holla, que tal? I changed a bit the proportions following what you said, hope its better now, im not used to a bulls anatomy.

nmcelmury - Thanks man, i spend some time planing the mesh so it would be better to play with in mudbox, and it worked just fine... much better than my old models with a few tris here and there. Hope you like my updates, and hope not to take so long for the next one.

octopus7 - Thanks man, i was planing in a less violent composition, the bull jumping and the torero dodging it with his red cloth ( you know what i mean, dont know the name of that thing ). Will see if it looks dinamic enoth, but will give some thoughts about yours and RazorEdge suggestion.

KrakenCMT - Thanks mate, hope not to lose it with the more detailed mesh...

TheRazorsEdge - Thanks, hehe it would be fun to model the torero flying over the bull... will think about it.

Intervain - Thanks man, i hope you like the end result.

grassetti - Yay I hope to finish it by the deadline.

Ok. Hello guys, sorry for the late reply, im having so much fun at work that when i get home i just spend my time studing for the next morning, so this project was delayed for wekends only. I have finally managed to unwrap the bull, and played a litle bit him in mud. Its amazing how fast you forget the keybord shortcuts of a program if you spend a few days without using it...
Anyway, its coming along slower than i hoped for, but its coming along never than less.
Still have a long way to go, and the hoofs will be nightmare to do in mud, but hopefully by the end of next weekend i shaw have the bull done and should do a fast torero so i can spend some time playing with the composition and layout.
Let me know what you think.
Andre
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6020/19al6.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.