PDA

View Full Version : cant open Fusion in My vista

vfxmatt
07-31-2007, 02:12 PM
hello.

Im a newbie in FUsion and i got it to try it out . I have a crappy x1300 Radeon and a new Dell machine with vista on it, ( yes i know its not the best machine but im getting it upgraded soon)

Either way, I try to load up Fusion and It gets to the title screen and then it keeps saying , fusion has encountered a problem and has to close.

Its bloodey Frustrating ! Im guessing its a vista compatablity issue , and seeing as i will be throwing Vista away as soon as i unweld it from my harddrive i was wondering if anyone might know what the solution might be, ps im getting new drivers for the card just incase.

stevecullum
08-01-2007, 02:01 AM
I think its likely an openGL issue. I've seen all kinds of trouble with Lightwave, C4D, AE and others on my Vista machine.

It will probably take a while before current software is running correctly on Vista, but I recall the same happened when XP came along.

Either way it sucks Fusion not running right - hopefully the recently announced 5.2 will work better.

vfxmatt
08-01-2007, 08:35 AM
well I have tried the 5.2 beta and had the same problem, I think ill just go get a mac pro and be done with it. im so tiered of vista s issues. :(

Tagger
08-01-2007, 05:07 PM
why are you going from vista to a mac pro and not just windows XP (which is in the system requirements of fusion)?

vfxmatt
08-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Well I I have always been a P.C guy for the CGI things but for about a Year i used a friends mac book pr0 with bootcamp on it ( ie windows xp and osx ) THe computer flew and was really really reliable. I could even do all my highend CGI on it. Not to mention i used the Mac side for ALL the HD Editing i do and film. IT just handles that media better.

I have been thinking about it alot, and I still rate the idea of haveing both operating systems at your command on one machine.

stevecullum
08-02-2007, 11:04 AM
I keep getting told MAC's are far better for 2D video editing work than PC's too and have also been attracted by the dual MAC/XP option.

So ironically, Windows XP runs better on a MAC than the machine it was originally designed for!

Now just to find 4k for a macpro...

vfxmatt
08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
hahah,m yeah they are pricey , but the top of the line mac pro with 17 inch is 2800.
But to be honest ill proberely get my buddy in the states to get me one.and when he comes over to bring it with, they cost like half the amount they do in UK.

stevecullum
08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
I was thinking more of one of those 8 core puppies with a quadro 4500. Can he put one of those in his hand luggage too :D

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.