PDA

View Full Version : Rigging and Skining DEMO REEL

wamo
07-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi all,this is my first rigging reel
i have 6 month experince of rigging in max,love to learn more in rigging world
in fact i used to be a modeler scince but now i've decided to continue with rigging in side of modeling.
hope you guys like it,don't forget to comments.

PEN
07-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I would get a better site to upload to. All I got was some wiki upload page and I couldn't see anything there. You need a direct link or no one is going to bother.

BoostAbuse
07-31-2007, 04:37 PM
71mb rar'd and the site peaks at around 30kbps it seems... yikes... try uploading to the new 3d-palace show reel site, that should be a little more stable and easier for people to view...

labbejason
07-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi there,

I agree 100% with Paul and Shawn. I'd supply options to different sites and different resolutions of your reel, so that you aren't limiting your audience right off the bat.

I did check out your reel though. 12 minutes are WAY too long, 2 - 4 minutes are more than enough. Try cutting out stuff that's already been shown like locking parts, auto clavicle, etc. It's not necessary to repeat, since you've already proved you are capable of doing those type of things.

I did like your rigs though, they look complex, and fun to use. They remind me of Paul's Maxine and Maxwell rigs. The content is cool, just the presentation needs refinement. Keep up the good work.

Ruramuq
07-31-2007, 08:54 PM
the file downloaded very fast for me,

you've done a great job learning how to rig, but there's a couple of thing that I should say,
the music is too much for me, and is not going with the speed of your reel, which is long, and

what I see in your video, are techniques from the internet or DVDs right?, well I think,that it is not giving you much merit in a creative sense, because we are looking things that are repeating over and over in the internet

try to use your own techniques, focuse on that, even if those techniques result similar to what is already known, thats the main reason I don't believe in Tutorials or DVDs nowadays. There's no reason in repeating other people work. especially Pen DVDs, (sorry, my point of view)

if I'm wrong, then your reel needs to focuse more on the best of your own techniques..

sebtiffon
08-01-2007, 07:00 AM
PEN the file is on the middle of the page on the right there is a "download file" but i agree this is not a great solution for uploading a reel :)

wamo
08-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi again,first
PEN:sorry for the problem,i fixed it,now if you click on the link below ypu'll go to the video.
BoostAbuse:i recized that and chnged to the movie intested of rar.
labbejason:thanks for the comments man,i love your reel too.
Ruramuq:okay man,i know what you mean,but everybodey at first needs to do the things that skilled people do,like a baby when is growing,any way you right,thanks.
sebtiffon:thanks.

tonight i,ll put here another link with another hosting place.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2007, 10:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.