PDA

View Full Version : HMC #10: Tiger vs. Crocodile

el_diablo
07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Well I for one watch all the animal documentaries on TV. This is one encounter that I would guess ends differently.

Anyway, here it is filmed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7dazPp20d8

Stinger88
07-31-2007, 11:05 AM
wow...i would have thought that the croc would kick ass. It is only an average size one though.

Nice subject matter by the way

WyattHarris
07-31-2007, 09:21 PM
No way, a tiger is too fast, agile and strong. Almost looks like he put some ju-jitsu submission on him.

Stalsby
07-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Yea that was serious, I think the Crocky would of had the advantage had they been in water or near water where he could have pulled the tiger in!

TheRazorsEdge
08-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Dammit, that is a cool video! That croc is huge! Must be about double the tiger's weight. If nothing else, this prooves that mighty "panthera tigris" is indeed the king of the jungle! Cant wait to see your wips. This is gonna be great!:thumbsup:

Stinger88
08-01-2007, 10:16 AM
No way, a tiger is too fast, agile and strong. Almost looks like he put some ju-jitsu submission on him.

actually..having looked it up at youtube. Most videos show that the tiger loses in most cases in or out of water.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=croc+vs+tiger

el_diablo
08-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Yes, sometimes wins one, sometimes the other. Depends on the size. Tiger will most likely kill medium large to large size crocs, or very juvenile ones. Medium size doesnt work for him since they are too fast snapping and also can twist enough to bite the tiger even with tiger on its back. Water is another story.

Anyways, here is the tiger wip.

This time I wont mess much with topology for two reasons. One is that blender isnt topology reworking friendly since it doesnt support ngons and doesnt have bevel and cut tools etc. The second reason is that im going straight for medium res sculpt. I'll do the retopo from it and sculpt the final.

Facepunch
08-06-2007, 05:10 PM
nice tiger. looking good. you take the model in zbrush for detail or anything?

el_diablo
08-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I'll use blender sculpting mode for now. It can push up to 4mil polys, I think that should be enough to detail out the tiger. Crocodile might benefit from Mudbox, I'll see if a demo is availble.

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2007, 05:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.