PDA

View Full Version : Stretchy FK/IK arms

Smithjoe1
07-31-2007, 10:16 AM
I've got a big problem with the rig I am desining at the moment, and that is having FK and IK arms that you can switch between them, right now the rig is FK but you can move then hand joint to control the IK but its just moving the joint and the rest of the arm doesnt move, and I've tried several approaches to this problem, however their either IK or FK, and cant seem to work out something decent to switch between them.

Right now what I have is 2 SplineIK's driving several joints down the arm, one for the forearm and the other for the bicep, and I have a control arm that drives the movement of the curves via a smooth bind and has about half the joints. And then a third joint chain on top of that which drives the IK and stretch, So I'm thinking that I can just make an IK FK switch on the top joint chain and it might work, but does anyone have an elegant Stretchy IK FK arm that can bend smoothly and can bend like a normal arm, allowing for an FK IK switch?

Regards, Smithjoe1.

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2007, 10:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.