PDA

View Full Version : Galonian Archer, Kerem Beyit (2D)

kerembeyit
07-30-2007, 04:15 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/75184/75184_1185812147_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/75184/75184_1185812147_large.jpg)

Title: Galonian Archer
Name: Kerem Beyit
Software: Photoshop

Character Concept Design. This is an archer unit so I didn't give him too much armour. I hope you like it.

Photoshop CS2, Cintiq21UX (approx. 15 Hours

BertanAkin
07-30-2007, 08:09 PM
As always,

its a fantastic job again... 5* from me :)

i Luv his Helm :D

PS: I think you need to post more often Kerem Beyit, your works are really good!! i luv watching them .. :D

Purehay
07-30-2007, 11:47 PM
not only charactor, but also the background color arrangement are nice to me. Or i think the light effection of him can more emphsis.

hedbone
07-31-2007, 12:27 AM
Absolutely beautiful painting.

I see a few trouble spots that make it less than believable to me:

I think this person must be posing for his portrait. His bow is ready, but his visor is down. If it's a portrait, it's perfect. That's what people do. If not, he won't be able to fire that bow looking through a visor with such a broad nose guard. Also, raising his arm to fire it will be difficult with that shoulder armor.

His bow is either very weak or a prop. There's no draw on it due to the positioning of the string and it's length.

I would believe this man is an officer or even a king in a battle dress uniform, but he should not fight in that outfit, he'll be killed.

The hem of his cape is very monotonous. The folds are very realistic, but the hem tells the viewer that this is a flat image.

The shadow doesn't match the figure. I usually won't nit pick a shadow, but this one really could use a little work. My brain won't accept it as belonging to the warrior.

charkyle
07-31-2007, 01:35 AM
One other great picture.we all luv watching them.:thumbsup:

shanmuga
07-31-2007, 05:44 AM
:thumbsup: hi !...........

the archer has good stuff! nice work.

your colors are create different mood . but ...... match with sadow.... little bit........... correct?.... :) )_-......

izia
07-31-2007, 07:17 AM
coll :thumbsup:

CyborgJA
07-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Great concept and realization as usual.
From what I see you love this greenish palette. I think we can surely say that you are in your "green period" :thumbsup:

Ghotire
07-31-2007, 06:33 PM
Outstanding quality! The design is great and the way you lit everything is awesome. 4 stars.

kerembeyit
07-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the comments and critiques people.

CyborgJA, yeah, those were the green days.

hedbone, thanks for the feedback mate. I agree with you about the helmet but I've seen archers with Lorica segmentata in the Roman Army, this guy's shoulder armour is hard leather so I guess it won't be a problem to raise his arm.

About the bow... I don't get your point. I've seen lots of antique bows just like this.

Yeah, he sure looks high and mighty but I don't think that's a problem if you can afford to equip your soldiers with best, he won't be killed in battle because of his uniform since there are thousand of archers just like him. This is an unit design not a character. You think that's too stylish or mighty for an ordinary soldier you should've seen their king:) In video games especially in rpgs you can go wild about equipment,armour and costumes since there's no budget for those things.

Again, I don't see you point about the cape.

You're absolutely right about shadows. I didn't calculate it.

To me, the real problem is his hands, but I don't make those mistakes anymore...

hasanaliakhtar
08-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi, friend nice to see ur artwork once again..Have seen it on DA as well..Well what can I say about ur work..Thorough professional approach u have got:thumbsup:..I really liked ur way of presenting fine artworks..the fineness is always there..U can see fine brushwork and a splendid detailing too which is required to show its quality:applause:..The lighting is magnificiently handled..4****..Brilliant work once again..All the best..God bless u..Take carez..Cheers:)

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2007, 03:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.