PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Tool, Importing question

Braccus
07-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Hello all,
Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere by someone else. I'm studying Game Design and I've been using 3ds max for about 3 years now. So my background is fairly solid to build up from, so I started to use Zbrush. However, since I'm fairly new to Zbrush I have a question.

With ZB3 I have most likely an easy answered question but I'm looking for a way to import multiple meshes from 3ds max. I'm sure the subtool allows one to do this; however I just cant seem to locate the way to do so.
When I try to import more then one mesh the new import always takes the scene over instead of subtooling itself within the current document. (if that makes sense)

-Is there a way around this so that I can have a base mesh of a head , then import say a cloak or a hair mesh onto the current document or do I need to build this additional mesh within ZBrush?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

theWOODman
07-31-2007, 03:36 AM
After you've imported your first model ( and NOT drawn it on the canvas ), deselect it and select something else like the brush tool. Now import your next piece into ZBrush. Now select your original model then in the Sub Tool palette, select append. In the flyout menu, select your next imported piece and it should now show up below your first model as a Sub Tool.

Repeat for the other tools.

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2007, 03:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.