PDA

View Full Version : mid scene render of particles

Sam-Shepherd
07-30-2007, 03:40 AM
Ok, so im net rendering a tree pass for a visualisation that im doing. I have created a whole heap of Pflows, each for a different type of tree/placement/etc. The Pflow is just loads of particles with a single plane instanced, and facing the camera.

Now, the animation is 8000 frames long. The first frame takes about 10 mins to render and then goes down to about 2mins after that (takes a while to load it up and calculate all the particles to spawn, face the camera and all that). It gets through about 2000 frames per night

The problem im facing is that the next night that i render it takes about 6 hrs for that first frame and then drops down to 2min again!

Im guessing that max is calculating all those particles to face the camera all the way up to frame 2000 to start rendering??? I've tried cacheing every 50 frames but with no result. Im Xrefing two scenes with the particles into a Master file with camera paths etc. Each scene is about 250Mb with the cahed data and about 10Mb without.

Also, the office computers are used during the day so i cannot just keep them running.

Any ideas?

grury
07-30-2007, 08:15 AM
I would recomend you get the new Cache Op from orbaz.com, it lets you cache your flow onto disk. Not too expensive and very useful.

CGTalk Moderation
07-30-2007, 08:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.