PDA

View Full Version : Question, Problem with modeling

Worthy_God
07-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi, My name is Ron and Im new in the forum(well not really new but that is my first post)

Now, I have a problem trying to model a celebrity head. I have refrences and Im modeling the head according to the proportions of the refrence and in the end its the model look like a real human head but its doesnt look like the celebrity I was trying to model.

Can someone give me any tips or maybe share his experience when he had to model a celberity head?

Hope youll answer fast
Ron

tranz4d
08-09-2007, 02:58 PM
hi ron,
i have also done some stuff like that n faced similar problems.ok,try this,
make sure the muscle loops r in order,so that the muscles look alrite on the face,thats the most common problem people face.im attachin a facial muscle struct pic for viewin purposes,i use it all the time while modellin a face.
TRY THIS:
1st model hair if the celeb has hair,this will give u more of an idea wat the final output wud b, n its surprisin how different we look without hair.
then try this,if u r usin maya,try projectin the front pic on the face model,then chk out in front view,keep the front pic also in the background usin imageplanes n then compare to see if u can see wer the major corrections need to b.
they say that the normal focal length is 35 mm,but jus for modellin sake try increasin it to remove the perspective in the perspective view,n see if that gives u a better look at ur model.
all these techniques r basically to give u a different look at ur modeln thats basically the thing to keep in mind while modellin.

gud luck,n if u still have problem try puttin up a couple of snapshots of the model n its wireframe,n mayb some1 here wud b quick to spot something that cud help.

Intervain
08-14-2007, 02:10 PM
A very good help comes in the form of photoshop - once you model something and want to check it against the original then make a screen capture and put it into photoshop. Duplicate the bg layer and put the upper one through the liquify hell - by refering to the original picture you're using as ref! Once you're done - just compare the two layers by clicking the upper one on and off and see what you need to change to get your model to look right!

Also remember - the photos are made with a camera with a particular angle/ lens... so it maybe easier to match a camera to a 3/4 photo and model from that! Best of luck!

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2007, 02:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.