PDA

View Full Version : FBiK is blowing my mind! Help, anyone...

annoman
07-28-2007, 07:20 AM
hi there! i'm new here, and is enjoying the society!

i'm having trouble setting keys in maya's fullbody ik. i'm following the non-linear animation portion of sybex's mastering maya 7. though when selecting fbikCharacter in the character pop-up menu, and set keys, there's always an error recurring. i really am so lost. i've read some of the threads here regarding FBiK, unfortunately none has quite answered my troublesome fate. :shrug::sad:

please help! :scream:

http://photos-711.friendster.com/e1/photos/11/72/36402711/1_144441664l.jpg

ErikSvensson
07-28-2007, 10:59 AM
It has to do with the "set key" settings you got. The FBIK might need some tweaking on the keying settings. If you simply press S then it want to key everything on the selected object ,and in your image , it says something about a translate channel. its probably locked or hidden if you can't key it. :)

Cheers!
Erik

annoman
07-28-2007, 04:39 PM
thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:

i've been seeking that translateNode thru channelcontrol, all are in the keyable column, but to no avail, i still can't set a key. :sad:'
i can set keys when i chose "all manipulator handles". but when i scrub the timeline, it doesn't move, worse the end-effectors explodes.

i'm so lost...

ErikSvensson
07-28-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm not too familiar with FBIK in maya though, i use motionbuilder, and it works superb there. ;) But its odd, because i got similar errors on the mesh that is there already in maya with FBIK. Have you read through the manual? maybe it says something about it there? :thumbsup:

Erik

annoman
07-29-2007, 03:40 AM
thanks bro. i'll peek more on motion builder instead of FBiK... sounds great stuff. :thumbsup:

cheers!

annoman
08-02-2007, 07:56 PM
apparently, fbiK doen't work on the usual autokey or setkey(s). it's far more complicated! hehe... anyways, thanks eric for the tip on looking at the manual, almost all the questions i had was answered there (so for us novices wondering on fbik's, F1 is a always a friend)

kudos! :thumbsup:

ErikSvensson
08-03-2007, 06:01 AM
apparently, fbiK doen't work on the usual autokey or setkey(s). it's far more complicated! hehe... anyways, thanks eric for the tip on looking at the manual, almost all the questions i had was answered there (so for us novices wondering on fbik's, F1 is a always a friend)

kudos! :thumbsup:

You're welcome :) Actually, i watched the FBIK in maya yesterday, and FBIK has its own keying setting. It reminds of the one in motionbuilder so it worked pretty good, to key all, body part or selection. Right now we're expecting some highend FBIK animations from you, so feel the pressure. :D Good luck with FBIK from now on, its a nice system. :)

Erik

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2007, 06:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.