PDA

View Full Version : paint effects

McCool77
03-27-2003, 02:01 AM
hi everybody. I've been messing with the 3d paint effects tool, and i can't seem to locate the color chooser. i found a color for shadows, trans and that other thing, but no colors. i read thru the manual and i didn't catch how to pick colors for the tubes. thanks

jeremybirn
03-27-2003, 04:21 AM
In the Brush description, it's under Tubes, then Growth, then there are sections for Leaves, Flowers, Buds, etc. that includes the colors.

_OR_ sometimes that section includes the name of a map, so to change the color you'd need to find the .iff file it mentions in your maya4.5/brushImages directory, edit it, save it somewhere else, and include the new path and filename in the brush.

-jeremy

bambam
03-27-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by jeremybirn
In the Brush description, it's under Tubes, then Growth, then there are sections for Leaves, Flowers, Buds, etc. that includes the colors.

i think your looking for the color attrs under shading/tube shading
the color in shading will color the base tube
if (under tubes)you have tubes/tube completion flaged on
then the second color (the tip of the tube) will then get its color from the tube shading attr.

then you can change the color of the secondary tubes created if you have flowers/leaves/buds turned on by there own color attrs

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.