PDA

View Full Version : TP collision with a proxy object

brids78
07-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi!

I´m trying to setup a scene with an emitter that emits letters. They are supposed to collide with each other. As a starting point I used the file below.

http://www.bonkers.de/download/tp_collision_with_diameter%20.c4d

But in that file bubbles are emitted, and collide via a collision diameter.
My question is how can I get my letters to collide via an cubical proxy object?
How do I add a cubical proxy object(with the measurements of my letters) to my scene(to the nodes), that acts in the way the collison diameter works for the bubbles?

Srek
07-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Sorry, there is no easy solution for this since no real geometry collision can be done with TP. The Example you got from my website does not utilise a real collision but repulsion depending on distance.
I can think of a theoretical solution but it would not be practical due to immense computing times.
Cheers
Björn

brids78
07-27-2007, 10:31 AM
So how would you do a collision/repulsion of cubical objects? Or more precise 3D-rectangular objects?

Is the repulsion depending on distance the only way to make them "bounce" against each other? Or is there a work-around?

Or can I fake it somehow?

Srek
07-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't try it with TP, maybe Phytools or silver bullet will do it. Depending on the number of involved objects Dynamics will do it too.
Cheers
Björn

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2007, 11:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.