PDA

View Full Version : pflow/fume/collision to new fplow

darrennorthcott
07-27-2007, 07:52 AM
ok, this may be a little hard to explain, I have a pflow setup using deflectors(similar to allan's dissolve tutorial). so basically when one deflector moves over the particles, the collision test fires off into the next event. now, i want to add fumefx to this using the particle source helper, but only to the second event. and as far as i can see, you can only select the entire pflow, not just an event. is there any way to set up a collision to fire off into a new pflow(fume seems to need a birth operand in the flow to work) or perhaps some other workaraound? the desired effect is that when the deflector moves over the particles, they start on fire. all help is appreciated. thanks!

D

PsychoSilence
07-27-2007, 08:09 AM
if i understand you right you want to have only a certain event to react with Fume, right?
Itīs kinda Hack for now: If you have AfterBurn installed too try the PflowAB operator. This should be pickable in Fume then as a separate node beside the entire Flow.

kind regards,
Anselm

grury
07-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Funny..I was about to post the same question.
It would be great if its possible to pick the AB op, rather than the whole Flow.
Cheers Anselm.

darrennorthcott
07-27-2007, 03:46 PM
so.. add the pflowAB operator to the event i want fume to react with, then i should be able to select the AB operator in fume? is this right? ok. i will try when i get home. there is no other way to do this other than using AB?

darrennorthcott
07-27-2007, 06:48 PM
ok, added the aburn opertaor and chose it for the fume fx.. it works good to reveal the fire, but when i use a wind force on it, the fume doesn't follow all of the aburn particles.. i attached a screenshot to help better understand what i mean(the aburn are in the greay/white) any suggestions?

regards
Darren

darrennorthcott
07-28-2007, 05:49 AM
decided to skip the blowing flames and went for more of a blowing ash effect. here is a quick test render. comments are welcome!

www.members.shaw.ca/darrennorthcott/canburn1.avi (http://www.members.shaw.ca/darrennorthcott/canburn1/avi)

thanks

D

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2007, 05:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.