PDA

View Full Version : How does one go about doing this?

JMusto0223
07-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Well I was just wondering how one would go about creating an animation like this:
Animation (http://scottellwanger.com/cube.html)

Is that something you scan one picture in the computer and edit it in photoshop and just save a bunch of images as you progress changing it or what?

Penndragon
07-27-2007, 05:22 AM
Well, you may be correct. He does seem good enough with the pencil to pull off such a feat. He might have also done it the old fashioned way with tracing paper (a bit too clean for this?). I don't really know for certain.

NovaKane
08-14-2007, 06:28 PM
This can be done the old fashioned way, some animation paper, a light desk, and some pencil. I must say though the author of this has experience, i mean the clip looks really nice, and there is great timing :)

Michael5188
10-27-2007, 05:56 AM
This is done the traditional way, it's a pencil test. If he had done it on the computer it would look a lot cleaner, as in solid objects (you can see through the ice) and there wouldn't be change in lighting as he captured each page.

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2007, 05:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.