PDA

View Full Version : Improved DTT3500

macoy
04-07-2002, 05:05 AM
Change a lot of things, what do u think? better or worse? any suggestion?

Dr BeN
04-07-2002, 05:30 AM
The modell looks nice though ... shaders are nice too but why did you render it in such a strange position ? just put it plain on the table i nearly break my neck ;)

with what did you do it ?

macoy
04-07-2002, 05:36 AM
all in xsi2

Is it really strange?? I chose this angle coz i wanna see both the front and side of it. Looking upward and having the lighting shining downing makes it look kinda awe, thats what i was thinking?

Suggestions about the angle plz:)

Ergi
04-07-2002, 06:39 AM
Maybe you want to change the background and table onto some color other then the models colour,...so that its stands up some more

otherwise looks cool

cheers

Ergin Kuke

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indeed that I that is not God is but a lion on the road

Ergi
04-07-2002, 06:42 AM
Ow and its better if the space in the composition of the image is on the side the model is facing, so in this case you would push the model to the left

hope it helps

Ergin Kuke

ToddD
04-07-2002, 09:04 AM
It's well modeled, the materials are fairly good, but the BR and position aren't very good. If you are trying to make it appear larger than life, position it in a more traditional manner, drop the camera down, and zoom in, to give an overwhelming sense of scale. It is kind of hard to critique the model with your head twisted!:D

macoy
04-07-2002, 11:42 AM
ok, here's quick dirty test, chose an ordinary angle, push it to the left, change the material of the table and walls. Really thank all of u for the suggestions. Tell me how's it now:)

Ergi
04-07-2002, 12:00 PM
I would make the background darker, myself i would go for black, but thats my preference. I would push it more to the left and so that you dont leave the rest of the image empty i would drop the shadow in the direction of the red arrow. I just love rendering and messing with camera angles and radically different lighting and shaders after i finish a model, i take that as the relax time.

Or maybe put the camera at the feet of the model, give some real forced perspective so it looks like a tower or smth : )

hope it helps

Ergin Kuke

--------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------

macoy
04-07-2002, 12:08 PM
My orinal idea was let the sunlight shine through the window on the right, so if I drop a shadow on the direction of the red arrow, that would make things physically unrealistic.

if the bg is black, wouldn't that be a bit contradictory to the other parts since they are bright.

and about the camera at the feet. do u mean to put it really close to the the feet and look upward at the front?

macoy
04-07-2002, 12:11 PM
I just feel like there are tons of different approaches and it all depends what u feel and what u wanna convey.

Looking for more ideas......:D

LyonHaert
04-07-2002, 01:29 PM
i love the first render, it's very dark and solemn. there are only two slight changes it would make:

1. move it slightly to the left so that the white text on the side is in the center of the render. i like that room is made for its shadow in the composition.

2. make the bg walls a bit darker than the face (they're about even atm), but still much lighter than the side. you might even give it a slight blueish color to it. the in-between aspect of it well lender a bit more contrast to the foreground, but it won't be darkened so much to lose the "gently lit" feeling of the room. and the color might make the foreground stand out a bit more, too.

any big changes would only mess up a composition that is pretty nice so far :)

macoy
04-07-2002, 06:44 PM
here's another angle

ToddD
04-08-2002, 03:17 AM
I think the unit itself is fine, but again, the composition and the BR are not very interesting. I think what would really help this is if you took the unit, put it in a whole new scene. The slats(underneath), don't really do anything to compliment the equipment, and the lighting is just too plain. What about trying 3 point lighting with a variance in color?

macoy
04-08-2002, 03:32 AM
what I do here is try to simulate some real life lighting, like a sun shining through the window. I will modell the speakers as well to make it a complete set. Also thinking to model my microsoft intelli optical with the cool light tail. Once finished, I think there should be more interesting composition.:)

Thx again for all your precious suggestions.:), Unfortunately, the working process on this little project will be significantly slowed down coz I need to work on my coursework starting tomorrow (three weeks). But I will keep working on it. Practice makes perfect, but I also wanna say critiques make perfect. Thx again, guys.

BTW, what's BR, Tbonz816? Bare with me, hehe:D

JacquesD
04-08-2002, 03:47 AM
Good start but I think that the front panel is too reflective.

ToddD
04-08-2002, 03:57 AM
Oh sorry Macoy BR Background, I guess BG would be a better abbreviation.:D

macoy
04-08-2002, 04:02 AM
ha, I was wondering if its BG, hehe:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.