PDA

View Full Version : object 2 object using pflow

darrennorthcott
07-26-2007, 08:19 AM
I know i have seen a few topics about tranforming from one object to another using pflow. ie. dissintigrating one and reforming into the next object. so i thought i would post this little i test i did using pflow. nothing fancy. let me know what you think.

www.members.shaw.ca/darrennorthcott/vids/teapot2spheretest.avi (http://www.members.shaw.ca/darrennorthcott/vids/teapot2spheretest.avi)

regards

D

Edit: decided to add a quick fumefx to the scene... interesting. this could come in handy in some future projects...

www.members.shaw.ca/darrennorthcott/vids/teapot2spheretest-fume.avi

depleteD
08-03-2007, 12:31 AM
pretty cool man.
Are you using box 3?
See if u can have he particles go to the script vectors on the bottom of the sphere and build up through the higher positions of the sphere ;)

darrennorthcott
08-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks! yeah i used the lock/bond operator to get the particles to stick the sphere. Thats a good idea though. do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish that?

Hordak
08-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Funny tested that same thing today:)

How did you get your particles to form in such a nice line?

You can make it build up from the bottom with a gradient ramp map that's animated in the position object operater rollout(i think.. still new to particles)..

darrennorthcott
08-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I caused the dissintigration by usin a deflector/collision animated accross the teapot. then i just added lock bond to the branch off from the find target and a speed by surface of 0.

Hordak
08-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Maybe this is a stupid question but what and where is the lock/bond feature?

darrennorthcott
08-06-2007, 06:41 AM
The lock/bond feature is in the PFTools box1 (or is it 3?)

CapitanRed
08-06-2007, 01:55 PM
it would be possible to build up from bottom to top if you could add a value to each particle.
for example a positionB.

positionA would be the current position of the particle, and positionB the target one.

then, you could write a if-condition, and compare the z-value of the target position and any node in the scene. and if you animate this node from bottom to top, and the if-statement gives a true, you could spawn some new particles and move them with a findTarget to the same target position.

simple in theorie ;)
this is the way it is done in TP...but wothout scripting :p

darrennorthcott
08-06-2007, 04:44 PM
I'll have to brush up on my MAXscript for that one :)

speaking of thinking particles, is it released for max 9 yet?

CapitanRed
08-06-2007, 10:47 PM
not yet. I hope it will be after siggraph. but i didn't hear anything about it except that TP3 will be great and have nice improvements.

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2007, 10:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.