PDA

View Full Version : Logitech and maya personal ed.?

britney
03-26-2003, 07:25 PM
Hi

I'm having some mouse problem with Maya personal edition. My Logitech MX 500 does not work properly with the program. The mouse speed is reset to default and all of my costomized buttons are to when ever I go into Maya. I have the latest drivvers but I still wont work. Does anyone know what is wrong?

thanks

singularity2006
04-25-2003, 08:02 PM
my best guess is to look through Maya's software options to see how it treats pointer devices ... check for patches on their site or upgrade..... or check for patches from Logitech.

Ito
04-27-2003, 03:30 PM
my guess is that you're probably using the latest logitech drivers/mouseware software, 9.76 i believe. funny how i came across this post right after i uninstalled all logitech software from my computer. if you want to keep the logitech software there's an option to disable mouse acceleraton for games. that also can affect other things like the custom buttons on the side and on top. this "game" setting that is included with the drivers detects when an app uses direct input or openGL and then it modifies your registry. when the application is terminated the registry is restored to its original state. if you want to keep the logitech software there is a small program that allows you to modify some of these game activated settings. its on the logitech site and i think you can download it here (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=downloads/software&CRID=1792&contentid=6033&OSID=1&softwareid=6819&countryid=19&languageid=1) thats one option. another is to actually use microsoft intellipoint drivers with your logitech mouse. ive heard of a number of people using this method with good results. its amazing that logitech can make such a nice looking comfortable mouse and bundle it with absolute crap for software. anyway im just rambling about probably nothing. if you have any questions i can try to answer them. ive dealt with just about every mouse that is avaliable, and i think i hate them all:hmm:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.