PDA

View Full Version : willing to help...

waterhycinth
03-26-2003, 05:55 PM
I am pretty new to this forum and I just wanted to say that I am willing to help the colaborative projects out as much as I can. I can't contribute much to those projects sadly because all I know is Web Page creating in HTML... I'm not much of an artist anyways but I'm trying to learn. So if there's a project that wants a website please reply to this thread and we'll see what we can do. I really hope that I can be of some use here at cgtalk... enjoy!

JIII
03-26-2003, 06:05 PM
hey man thats a good offer i am sure someone will take you up on it. but anyway you should start learning 3D man. Wings and blender 3D are free.

get learning its a long process and the sooner you start the better.

waterhycinth
03-26-2003, 07:45 PM
well, i previously started learning maya, max and currently cinema 4d... i changed programs when i learned a little of them because for some reason i just didn't like the way max and maya handled... but i think i will still resort to learning maya... thanks for the tip..

JDex
03-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Learn Wings3d... it is a great place to start...

waterhycinth
03-26-2003, 08:34 PM
really? i'll look into it when i get some more free time on my hands... but i'm not sure if i'll like it... also, i'm learning some flash and going to maybe some day start learning php... so i might could do some flash stuff for anyone but i'm not sure how advanced i can get yet... i know the basics and that's about it..

waterhycinth
03-27-2003, 01:52 AM
hey thanks yall...
Wings 3D looks very cool and easy to learn. There's a couple of questions that I have about it..

1. How do you move that little bar with the icons for the selection mode, axis on and off, grid on and off and the rest of those icons at the top to be at the bottom?

That's about it for now... also I really like the fact that there isn't little arrows for you to move points when you select them... thanks and now back to work...lol

JIII
03-27-2003, 02:01 AM
learn more cinema 4d its what I use.

anyway. yeah its a long strange trip learning 3d all the better to start now.

you might wanna try out blender 3d too cause its got texturing unlike wings.

waterhycinth
03-27-2003, 02:52 AM
oh i just found that you can't move that menu bar thingy... that was in older versions where that bar was at the bottom...

blender you say? well, ok i guess i'm just lucky enough to get really pro help.. also wings seems cool... also, i have done a little reading about box modeling and i know you start out with a box and extrude, (move, rotate, or scale from there) what i don't get is that how do you all do it soo good? practice? well, also for some reason i just have trouble with it... also i know how to box model somewhat in wings but i have no clue where i would start in wings to do polygon modeling... got any clue?
:shrug:

JDex
03-27-2003, 04:18 AM
Part of the beauty of wings is that it really is a true box modeller with a tremendous workflow... every object is a closed poly. some would say that that is a drawback but it makes your models better for export to other packages... as for blender, it is pretty good at everything it does, but I found the workflow to be insanely tedious, especially once I discovered wings. Head on over to the Wings3D forum here at CGTalk... there are a bunch of pro's that linger in there who use wings for all their modeling and then export to maya, xsi and the like...

I like Cinema4d alright, but again I wasn't impressed with the workflow... just my 2cents... don't wanna start a my package is better than your package...

btw, I just got XSI3... woo-woo

JIII
03-27-2003, 04:36 AM
LOL I don't think that the water boy intended to start a flame war so I will not start one.

how ever I have heard that Maya is not a very good program to start out with, I hear its better to learn the basics of 3D with some thing a little less complex.

just my two cents and I bet tons on great artists have started out on Maya but what the heck I have an opinion, its just an opinion. dont want to make anyone mad here. so don't get mad please everybody.

waterhycinth
03-27-2003, 11:48 AM
yes I agree with both of yall, Wings does have some advantages and disadvantages to it. See, I have tried box modeling in Cinema and Max and it seems like doing a model would take extremely long periods of time which I could handle but I was wondering if there was a shorter or maybe easier way to do modeling. I know box modeling is a great modeling technique where you have practically control over every aspect of how your model will look. Oh well, I have been down to the Wings 3D forum and some of their work is just simply marvelous and that sort of made me worry that it took them really long periods of time to do that, which it probably did, but I am not sure. Thanks for the help JIII and JDex.. That offer on a HTML web site for any of the Collaborative projects is still on.. I just need someone to reply so I can get busy with coding... I like coding sadly more than other things. See ya later..

unLevel
03-27-2003, 01:04 PM
I need help with my website, would you mind helping me?

Pretty please, mr. water boy?

waterhycinth
03-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Trent I already help you... he's my brother yall that don't know him...

Brassfire
03-28-2003, 12:14 PM
if you like coding more, then definitely learn php. I don't know very much of it, just enough to occasionally customize other people's work, but the stuff you can do with it is awesome.

Also, there are quite a few free and somewhat easy game engines, you could try your hand at making a computer game with the art you and your brother make.

Just thoughts.

waterhycinth
03-28-2003, 01:43 PM
yeah i have tried to start learning php through flash which i need to get back to reading two book on it... i got the books from a website here (http://www.phpforflash.com) . If you click the link for the message board you will see that they have a forum made with php, mysql, and flash. This was one thing that got me interested in php. I got both the Foundation PHP for Flash and the Advanced PHP for Flash books but I haven't started reading them.... Also, I am just now getting into 3d with Wings which for JDex and JIII THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I love Wings now... I already submitted like a rather quick model of binoculars which now when I look at the pic of them I hate the way it looks and now I wish I had spent more time on it which I will probably do in the next few days and then submit and update. Also, I did something that I had never done before... I modelled the binoculars spontaneously. I had never even thought about doing them till I had like half of them done... Weird huh? lol well, got to go now.. hope to do more fun modelling...

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.