PDA

View Full Version : Keyframing, Timeline, Spline

xmb
03-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Keyframing in DF is a real Pain in the ass. there are just too many sub-possibilities instead that there is one parent-keygroup. in combustion it's so much user-friendlier and in df you have to set key & animate every little particular parameter for some easy stuff.

RealThing
03-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Do you have a question or is this just a rant? It's not clear what you're having trouble doing in your post. I find animating in DF is quite easy. The spline view editor is awsome and makes it very easy to get the curve you're looking for quickly...especially when you get the keyboard shortcuts down. The timeline gives you spread sheet access to all your key times and values as well as some interactive control on the keyframes or groups of keyframes. So what exactly do you find difficult?

xmb
03-31-2003, 10:20 AM
not difficult, but the fact that you must animate each particular thing seperately is a bit disappointing. for example, if i want to animate an object in x-y directions, i can't just move the object by hand to the desired destination, but i need to set keyframes seperately on x & y...

Jayk2k
04-03-2003, 10:29 PM
In the case of x & y, you can in fact move it by hand... Right click on the merge center, or the transform center, and choose path.

Now on every frame you adjust the center x/y position, it will create a new keyframe on the path.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.