PDA

View Full Version : Russel Crowe: Gladiator, Chee Huat (2D)

chee huat
03-26-2003, 02:49 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/30339/Chee_Huat_Gladiator_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/30339/Chee_Huat_Gladiator.jpg)

marker randering.

mattregnier
03-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Can't believe no one has responded to this yet. First awesome marker work. Only crit i have is on his eyes, the focus looks a bit off, like he's really confused about something ;), other than that A+ job dude!

wah431996
03-27-2003, 02:50 AM
WOw~!!
I love it.
:eek:

Tiu.... later belanja me and KFC for a lunch~!!
dinner also can lar.

chee huat
03-27-2003, 06:38 PM
very thank to u and kfc.

lildragon
03-27-2003, 09:02 PM
hmm the compression nuked the render, did you see the hosting options I posted in the WIP and Gallery sections? Can you send me a high res pic also tito@cgnetworks.com need a better look see ;)

salud

lildragon
03-27-2003, 10:47 PM
There ya go, that's a beaut! I gave you some temp space on cgtalk ;)

salud

Ravennome
03-27-2003, 10:58 PM
I love marker rendering, and this stuff is great, you are very talented. Thanks for posting.

KolbyJukes
03-27-2003, 11:03 PM
That's some beautiful work.

:bounce:

-Kol.

DZL
03-27-2003, 11:22 PM
simply put: amazing. that is incredible marker work. got more to show?

Baal
03-27-2003, 11:36 PM
Impressive, wow ! Can't say much except keep posting stuff that great ! :) :applause: :thumbsup:

Nikodemus
03-27-2003, 11:52 PM
markers ?!

what size is this drawing? im looking for some marker marks for judging but i cant tell really ... great work !!:cool:

BiTMAP
03-27-2003, 11:58 PM
That is very very very very nice :) good job!

mmiller
03-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Nice job
You obviously have a good feel for the medium.

One thing that bothers me is that it looks like the eyes are looking in different directions.
Perhaps this is the same as the "lack of focus" comment
If you block out either side of the head and look at one side at a time it looks fine - look at it all together and it's .....odd

mark

Zephirus
03-28-2003, 01:37 AM
Haha, thats a nice coincidence, I just loaded some Gladiator soundtrack music, got on cgtalk.com and I see gladiator!

Very nice work dude.

kinston
03-28-2003, 01:47 AM
u can go to
http://theoneacamedy.com

if u want to see more of these kind of drawing.

under student showcase....illustration

aaron johnson
03-28-2003, 01:55 AM
Looks great. My only crit is exactly what mattregnier said. Very nice. How long did it take?

kinston
03-28-2003, 01:55 AM
the colour look ok for me ... but the costume look very weak not really solid enough ...exspeically the metal part .... good effort but what i think is u should have ur own drawing style insteal of the (the one) style in drawings... is like all drawing from that school looks the same...

draconix
03-28-2003, 02:25 AM
Very cool :) Crits have already been mentioned so... :thumbsup:

Maya Ayanami
03-28-2003, 03:22 AM
very cool, great work. the water spots on near the top make it look more realistic, well in a 2D drawling kinda sense.

I think the tips of the hair looks too 3D. but great work.
never would have guessed that this was a 3D peice.

jadedchron
03-28-2003, 04:43 AM
eyes look funky.

ZVAN
03-28-2003, 05:03 AM
waHLAu?!?!?!?!?! LIKE THAT ALSO CAN GO FRONT PAGE?!?!?! GUYS, he's my classmate! haHA! ShenG HaN, viNCENT, yEEsiN,JaCob alSo aLL sEE liAO! HAHAHH! noT baD laR>>>! wELLDONE! we LovE u!

gtidhar
03-28-2003, 06:50 AM
Impressive ... Most .. impresive...

chee huat
03-28-2003, 10:28 AM
thank for the coment that u guy had given to me.I spend 2 week to complete the work.I like to thank very must to my lecturer k.wah,kfc, leo and my classmate help me alot.

Vash T Stampede
03-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Great work! I personally hate markers, gald to see someone capable!
One teensy tiny thing though, His face is a Liiiiiitle bit too....."fat" other that that Go for it!;)

SuperMax
03-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Nice Work there :thumbsup:

Can someone please explain what Markers are and how what when who etc etc etc they are done?

kfc
03-28-2003, 01:55 PM
I'm surprise to see your work on the frontpage too!
:surprised
good job my friend. i guess it should be the problem with the shooting from the digital camera (u can see hotspots in this image).
chee huat doesn't have a scanner there. that's why some part of the image is distorted.
i'm going to scan a new one for him and host it in my site. or he might send the update to LilDragon. I can tell the original looks alot better than this. Let give us sometime to get the highrez scan done.
Marker renderings is actually a very common tools among the students here. It's kinda fun to learn the principle of painting starting by marker then only moving on to other media. well, i guess chee huat is a little lucky today because some other masters here haven't starting to post any of their artworks. somehow, they are a little shy.

Cheers~!
:applause:

kinston
03-28-2003, 07:01 PM
i totally agree with u KFC.... but ask them not to post will be better ... if not the whole school illustration and dg student post here , and everyone go front page.... i can't imagine that happen.. and think since they already put chee huat's work on front page, then there will be a very big chance they have to put the other shy marker master's work there also ...if u ask them to post here .coz they will only better, and that will be 1/4 of the school's 2nd and 3rd year student and all the lecturers.... and those ex-students who r working now....WOW!!!! think cgtalk will be very busy ...

lildragon
03-28-2003, 08:56 PM
I knew there was a reason why I asked you to send me the pic ;) Incredible marker work all round. I'm amazed by how well you did this. How long did it all take?

And yes please send me a cleaner version :)

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Incredible work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_mar03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

efoo
03-29-2003, 06:36 AM
Can't wait to see more work from TOA student!! Be aware of scanning problem... Nice Job!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

chee huat
03-29-2003, 07:53 AM
I appreciate you very much for your guidance & support that you have given me throuhgout my course .Thank you Mr.Eric Foo!!:)

shambler
03-29-2003, 05:37 PM
u are a marker-g0d

chee huat
03-31-2003, 05:46 AM
thank everyone.

dungbeetle
04-04-2003, 01:27 AM
kingston. i think you're not being supportive of cheehuat.
although marker rendering is part of what every students in THE ONE ACADEMY has to go tru,this piece of work of chee-huat's is really nice. you can't go saying that THERE is still alot of MASTERS here.undeniably his work is nice rite?

i had visited your website. i can say that you too, seem to only adopt THE-ONE style of marker rendering,what's that about criticizing cheehuat for adopting THE-ONE's marker rendering style?. c'mon, give some constructive criticism. if you cant' think of any, just don't crit for the sake of doing it.

LAW SHENG HAN
DG27.

:annoyed:

BiTMAP
04-04-2003, 02:08 AM
There have been alot of very good marker work lately, makes me feel kool cuase i've been working with markers on my own a bit, and i'm not all that bad but this stuff just makes me drool!

dinjith
04-04-2003, 10:33 AM
excellent work ...

ZVAN
04-07-2003, 04:24 PM
>) chee huat chee huat! rocks!:bounce:

ZVAN
04-07-2003, 04:26 PM
YeaH! dunGbeEtLe u're correCt! Im dungbeetle and cheehuat classmate.. I think chee huat's work is incredible.. somemore as an animator not an illustrator.. it break all walls down!

kfc
04-21-2003, 10:04 AM
http://www.redrival.com/necreation/cheehuat/gladiator.jpg

Sorry for late update.
Here's the highrez scan. it can go up to 6000x4000 pixels with 300 dpi.
hope u guys will like this.
:beer:

Psycho Ken
04-21-2003, 11:15 AM
All the stars in here makin me dizzy oledi.....luckily is from our mates lol
Good job n effort!,keep it up. :thumbsup:
Ken.03

kinston
04-22-2003, 09:32 PM
kingston. i think you're not being supportive of cheehuat.
although marker rendering is part of what every students in THE ONE ACADEMY has to go tru,this piece of work of chee-huat's is really nice. you can't go saying that THERE is still alot of MASTERS here.undeniably his work is nice rite?
c'mon, give some constructive criticism. if you cant' think of any, just don't crit for the sake of doing it.

re: dungbeetle
Do u understand english?? below r the comments i give chee huat...and the quite master i m saying is the lecturer of ur school bcoz i saw eric's work r posted here.....i m not saying the people here(of coz here also full of master)

kinston:the colour look ok for me ... but the costume look very weak not really solid enough ...exspeically the metal part .... good effort but what i think is u should have ur own drawing style insteal of the (the one) style in drawings... is like all drawing from that school looks the same...

these comments was given him coz i personally think that he can be even better if he can create his own style instead of the thing school teach... school teach u the basic... after the basic , is ur own world for u to explore...for u ,what i say is not supportive??...which means i have to say " wow good job...great drawing " then is support....people post their work here is ask for comments...and thats my comments....u can give ur own comment which u feel in ur way...i dun care ..and no one care...

for me i will rather people point out the bad thing in my works..but not just great work good job...etc....

if u want only supportive comments...please show ur work to ur parent... but not cgtalk.....if u want comments ..yup is here...maybe u go to the wrong place... and i never say his work is not good, i agree his work is good when the work is in cgtalk here, but not very great at the place u r studying at...this is what u r very clear.. and i m from that school also, what only supportive comments u want me to say when u already saw alot alot and alot master pieces... ofcoz i can spot some weak point of his drawing...

dungbeetle :
i had visited your website. i can say that you too, seem to only adopt THE-ONE style of marker rendering,what's that about criticizing cheehuat for adopting THE-ONE's marker rendering style?.

re: dungbeetle
yup..the website was done when i m still a student there...2nd year last term...if that time someone remind me of create my only style..think i will be happily then what i m now...i m an animation student aswell so my website is more focus on 3d animation, but u only look at the drawings??? drawing is just my intrest... or u go visit my website just want to find some fault about me??.hehe... then i think u should go somewhere else but not mine...coz all rubbish there..is just a site to show my work for my job interiew.( i dun want to bring my work everywhere) , no design, no words, no nothing...

hope i answer ur question.. and KFC ...i know they r good student for u like boon..so dun need to say anything...

dungbeetle
04-23-2003, 12:40 PM
personal reply to KINGSTON.

yes i ****ing understand english.i bet my hands can be cut off if my english is poorer that yours.
that's what i call a personal attack.
when i say that you are not being supportive of cheehuat,
you ARE NOT. that's not called constructive critisim when you dont give any suggestions. 'saying "you should have your own style "is just bullshit.anyone can say that. i can fart it out too.
how do you define the-one style? how do you not know that that piece of art's style is not drawn with chee huat's preferred style?

.talking about your website. are you a 3d animator?
you sure dont look like one .cos back here in our school,
we all know what you have done and havent done.
you think you can handle that 3d project? yeah right.
and where';s the animation???

sincerely.
LAW SHENG HAN/.

kinston
04-24-2003, 02:12 PM
if u r not happy in what i say ...is ok for me ., i dun care aswell...

but if u r not in my class then dun even say u know what i have done n what i didnt do for my 3d animation project... the project have total 24 sc if i m not wrong... we hv 6 members in our group... i handle 14 sc of animation for my own, and the rest for the other five and textureing and render by yap ... and what i handle is character modelling , bone set up... and most of the interaction SCene... what is the problems with that??. i done all my part of job and i get B in this project...what the F..k u know??... but if u dun know u can ask ur lecturer or my frens there (also ur lecturers BL or EF , kfc or KW..) ... or u want me to write a mail to MR.Sm tan ask him to explian to u??but dun think anyone of them will give u a damn of ur childish .... jsut dun know what nows a day student thinking...what u think is the works of ur god( maybe he 's the god of ur batch..but no idea of this batch ' standard, but every batch have alot so call 'god of the batch') ....have to force others to think the same way??if not then u have to find fault..or fake something which u dun even know who the hell i m .... i m in class dg17 u r 27 ...think when i back to my country u still in 1st year. who the hell r u??..u know what i done in my class?? please focus ur study and less busy body(kpo) of useless thing that s the only thing i can say to u... people cant even comment what they think when the work is done by ur friend(ur god)?? ... cgtalk is not a forum like this just for u and ur god... is for everyone , good or bad when is what people think... i dun hate chee huat and i dun even know him... i just look at the work.... but fdky speaking , ...u r just talking about supportive, useless comments...... that means what i mention in page 2 :"(....but the costume look very weak not really solid enough ...exspeically the metal part...)" is not a comments for u???....or u cant see that??? ....maybe for u these r useless comments also, bcoz i didn't say very good, great work for ur god....sorry , there r more (god) in my batch....

there r nothing wrong about our school's style and i never say anything worng about that in my post...my meaning is asking him to go over about it, because all of u will be gruad very soon, ur school can easily come out dozen of student having a same style of drawing, what makes u different?? what makes people choose u??whats wrong with developing a good and different style than the others since u already not bad in this style?? remember here..i m saying develop or create but not change his style of drawing...and that's all. what r u not happy for... and the 2nd post i post i m talking to kfc...i agree with what he say.. anything do with u ,busy body?(kpo)??... i m enough for these .... but think the next one will come very soon....ZVAN ...will it be u..hehehe

kinston
04-24-2003, 02:17 PM
and next time if u r not happy with what i say please direct email me or send me a pm, this forum is not for us to talk about these stupid thing...and think no one here r intrested with my past ..which u dun know also.. ( please dun write here like u know me...i dun even know what types of living being r u, he??she??it?? but dun need to answer , no one was intrested) only intrested about art work,..u can post work here, and i will give u some supportive comments...(wow great works....good job man)....i find these more useless then my comments...and my comments r not hard at all...i m sorry chee huat(god)...next time i will give more supportive comment.....keep on...good work

email me if u want :

kingstonchan@hotmail.com
sorry about my english

codenamejyn
04-24-2003, 04:32 PM
You need to treat your english Mr.Kinston, cause it is badly injured. Maybe you should spend sometimes brushing up your english instead of using this forum as your expression medium.

Neat.

Psycho Ken
04-24-2003, 04:37 PM
We oledi hav a war on iraq..... be cool.

Ken.03

kinston
04-24-2003, 05:04 PM
re codenamejyn:(nothing to do with others)

so u mean people in other country cannot speak good english should not come to cgtalk....damn ..if your work like shit ..your english good so what...this is cgtalk...not englishtalk...and i m not using this forum as a expression medium, cant u see i m answering dungbeetle's question since ur english is so good?? SOme of the great lecturer in chee huat school dun even can speak english but u can see the result of their student's work like him , kfc, efoo, Psycho Ken...etc......think u should brush up ur art better then ask me to brush up my english...i m learning my english aswell....sorrry i m not bron in a english speaking country.and sorry about i was chooseing 3d animation but not english as my major subject at my school....

and Psycho Ken:
this is not war...just talk about (comments) this word in different peolpe's point of view... just dun believe that a simple comment ... can become war.....sorry about that.

and i repeat here to any people who r not happy with what i say. or not happy , not understand about my english...please sent email directly to my email or pm, since someone say here is not for your expression .. let us please only talk about art here....

end of story..

sorry about my english

Mr Stressbunny
04-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Hi,

Hang on a sec, From wat i understand from all these talk, it seems like Mr Kinston's trying to say that Mr Cheehuat's marker rendering is garbage compared to the average student's work at THE ONE.

Looking at THE ONE webby and some egs of former student's work. I got to agree to a certain extend (cos I'm no expert).

According to Mr KFC, there are many Masters from THE ONE, they're just shy to post there work.

I kinda think ppl here are over-reacting, wat's this about not showing support, I tot ppl post their work here for positive critique.

watever...:hmm:

dt4
06-03-2003, 05:55 PM
:buttrock:
i'm laughin my ass off after reading the replies...
i think the gladiator pic have affected a number of ppl in this forum....

great work.... :scream:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.