PDA

View Full Version : t-pose and v-pose

albynism
07-24-2007, 12:31 AM
I have been doing characters in T-pose and then I switched to the inverted V-pose mainly because the shoulders deform way better in this pose and its easier when modeling armours, clothing on the shoulders etc, and i can visualize the characters a lot better. Is there any drawbacks when modeling in this pose? Things like rigging etc? All I can think of is that the hands may need to be reoriented if you want to model it further. and you just need to rig it in T pose and rotate the joints of the shoulder to match. Which pose do you prefer?

scroll-lock
07-24-2007, 07:04 AM
yes...the shoulders deform better , but sometimes you have issues with rigging ...for example the pole vectors of the elbows are tricky thing to do in that pose.

Robken
07-24-2007, 09:58 AM
it's not really an issue if you work with 2 skeletons, 1 that you use for binding the character (which would be at "V" pose) and another to do all the animation rigging (which would be at T pose) then you can use constraints to connect the bindrig to the animationrig.

albynism
07-25-2007, 01:49 AM
could you please elaborate with the setup. so you have a skeleton that you bind to your character and an exact duplicate (without the extra bones in the forearms and bicep, etc) as the animation skeleton and then parent constraint all the joints (without the maintain offset so it snaps to the animation skeleton)?

Thanks for the tips!

Robken
07-25-2007, 08:58 AM
uh...yeah... :) you pretty much summed it up right there ;)

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2007, 08:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.