PDA

View Full Version : Particle Error Message

agard
07-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi All-

I set up a particle system that emmits smoke trails from some flying debris and the smoke dissipates over a certain lifespan. Everything was working great when I closed Maya. but when I went back to do some more work I got the following error message and I'm not sure what it means exactly, but basically I can't see my smoke anymore:

// Warning: Cycle on 'particleShape2.ageNormalized' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //
// Warning: Cycle on 'arrayMapper2.outValuePP' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

Any insight?

Cheers!
A

thomwickes
07-24-2007, 01:18 AM
it's perfectly normal. just type 'cycleCheck -e off' into the command line to turn this off.

maya cycles through the hypergraph to check for connections that might be fighting against each other - its worth turning off as it slows down simulation a fair bit

agard
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
thanks for clearing that up thom!

Cheers!
A

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.