PDA

View Full Version : ramdrive on 2000

AroundTheFur
03-26-2003, 09:35 AM
so i recently upgraded to win2k, and one of the things(almost the only thing) i miss is the ram drive. i liked having a little 32 meg drive to put my temp internet files on. is it gone for good now that im on 2k? thanks =)

singularity2006
03-26-2003, 06:24 PM
uh.... eeewwww... "ram drive"... Anyhow, that's old baggage for old tech. For Win2K, if you want to allocate space for a temporary internet files and temporary system files, your easiest and most efficient bet is just to create a 1GB partition and then move your system and internet file folder there. To do this, simply right mouse click "my computer" > "advanced" > "environment variables": and change all instances of TEMP and TMP to the path and directory of your temp file partition. I have a partition on my system specifically for temp files like that. I also use it as my scratch disk for photoshop. AS for IE, simply go through internet tools and move the temporary internet files folder. Then ur good to go.

AroundTheFur
03-26-2003, 07:07 PM
well whats the easiest way to partition this without using other software, is there a way to do it with disk management or something?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.