PDA

View Full Version : adding motion blur to a 3d rendred cene

kmest
07-23-2007, 05:38 PM
ive seen people add motion blur to theire 3d rendered images....i dont actualy know how..but i think they extract a motion vectore file and use combustion for adding motion blur..
is it possible in fusion5.1 ?

josempans
07-31-2007, 03:48 AM
Yes, you have to render your images with motion blur vectors, but i'm almost sure that they use the RevisionFX ReelSmart Motion Blur plugin; in combustion and/or after effects. So if you have that plugin you'll be able to do that...

regards

(sorry for my english)

zubov
08-02-2007, 01:57 PM
yes,

as kmest said, it is ReelSmart Motion Blur vectors that we use ... But sometimes the edges have an '' interlace looking '' artifact, and in these cases i found that the rs motion blur (without vectors ) does a better job . The second one is analysing the motion frame by frame to create you motion blur, so no need for vectors, and really usefull on live plates comps that were keyed without the softness of the MB.

josempans
08-03-2007, 02:37 PM
OKAY, THANKS zubov... And Kmest about your question if it works with fusion, yes you have to put the rs motion plugin in the AEplugins folder, in the fusion folder... sorry, i've missed that part in my previous answer...

kmest
08-03-2007, 06:37 PM
thx guys....yes i used the plugin and it works fine....
and as zubov said,in some motions like a body motion which i a shape is deforming and moving in several directions,it doesnt work that good.....but works fine in many ways.....handy tool thanx

zubov
08-06-2007, 05:01 AM
Just want to appologise to mrmojorisin, i gave your credit to the wrong guy about that RS plugin

and kmest : i'm glad you got a new weapon in your toolbox :D

mea culpa

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2007, 05:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.