PDA

View Full Version : Whoops!!!"- Hero - chepe297

chepe297
03-26-2003, 08:01 AM
Hi there

I'm Pete from New Zealand. This is my first animation challenge. I hesitated whether to enter this animation challenge or not, but finally decided to since it'll definitely force me to create an animation at the end of April. In addition, I'll have another animation in my portfolio.

I am really excited about this and best of luck to you all. :scream:

Some information about my superhero...

name: Frequency
superpower: Teleport (like Raiden in Mortal Kombat).
problem: He always have problem with orientation.

chepe297
03-26-2003, 08:02 AM
Storyboard... so what do you think of the story? Like it? :scream:

http://www.ziggwi.com/pete/images/superhero/superhero_frequency.jpg

grury
03-26-2003, 11:05 AM
f##g funny,
its seems that phone booths are in fashion around here...;)

noktUp
03-29-2003, 07:22 AM
Nice story!
Should be easily done in 15 sec.
I lke it alot! -cept, you should make the breifCase into an anonymous sac with a dollar sign on it.
2 weeks in..... your gonna have to do double time!!

Good Luck!
andy

chepe297
03-30-2003, 12:41 AM
Gru - Thanks... yeah... phone booths is kind of popular in this hero animation challenge! :scream:

noktUp - I am glad you liked the story. I was first going to use a sack of money, but I decided that it's kind of hard to simulate the "swinging around" when the bad guy is turning. In addition, I wanted to focus more on the character animation rather than objects simulation, so I decided to dump the "sack" idea and use a briefcase instead.

Thanks again all. :scream:

chepe297
04-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Hi All

This is an update of my animation. I am planning to finish all the animation roughly before Easter and refine it during Easter. Critics and comments are mostly welcome.

QuickTime... 10 seconds... 320 *240... 1.7MB... with sound.
http://www.ziggwi.com/pete/images/superhero/frequency01.zip

best regards,
pete

p.s. Just to let you know... it's not finished yet. I only have 5 seconds to finish the animation! :rolleyes:

noktUp
04-17-2003, 06:20 AM
I dig the robber animation!!!!!
The secondary on the hero kicks too!!
and the teleporting effect is sweet!

My only crit is that as the robber enters, he feels a little slow.
Maybe speed it up by 10-15%.

Looks damn good for a test!!

chepe297
04-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Hi All

Finally I have finished my animation challenge. Please feel free to critic and comment on it. Hopefully I will still have enough time outside work to make the changes. Anyway, here is the link and a screenshot of the animation. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for watching! :scream:

QuickTime... 15 second... 320 by 240... 3.3MB... sound included. (http://www.ziggwi.com/pete/images/superhero/frequency02.zip)

Here is the screenshot...

http://www.ziggwi.com/pete/images/superhero/screenshot.jpg

Fasty
04-21-2003, 03:15 PM
lol I really liked it... although I must admit I hoped it would have a stronger ending. Solid animation though.

chepe297
04-22-2003, 12:34 AM
I too hope that I could have a stronger ending in my story. However I was limited by the amount of time I can have. You can see that I pushed the animation up to it's maximum length... 15 seconds.

I hope there isn't any time constraint in animation challenge. However, I guess that's how they do it in the real world... your animations are generally either dialogue or music-oriented, etc.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback Fasty. Your animation is looking good... very funny dance you've got in your superhero! LOL :scream:

Milho
04-22-2003, 12:35 AM
Lol that's funny. I like it very much.

I agree to the end, i miss the sequence when the hero apears with headache and falls down.
Or the the villian giving a shrug :shrug: and running away.
Maybe you can gain some seconds and elsewhere (noticed a short break before the dialog; shorten the intro) and add it.

Only crit in animation is the runnig of the villian (at the beginning) looks strange. I think the body must move up a bit more when he is in the air in between the steps. And the shoulder are to stiff. But nothing bad actually.

Good Work :thumbsup:

pabbloz
04-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Hahaha! Good work! :thumbsup:
Very funny idea! :applause:

Maybe he can now appear inside the money-briefcase and scape bouncying! :D

webfox
04-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Pete, your sense of humor rocks! I love your stuff.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

chepe297
04-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Milho - Thanks for your time and feedback Milho. Yeah! I agree with you and noktUp about the funny run at the start. I see what I can do but work has suddenly caught up today! I hope I still have time to modify it before 30th of April.

pabbloz - Thanks for the compliment pabbloz.

Webfox - Hi Chuck! Good to see you again! Glad you liked my animation and thanks again for your feedbacks.

Thank-you everyone! :beer:

webfox
04-30-2003, 08:25 AM
I was looking at the latest entrants tonight and checked out yours again... I still get a giggle from it.

Keep it up, man!

...oh, and when you get a good gig... remember who your pals are... ;)

chepe297
05-01-2003, 03:26 AM
Hi Chuck

I was looking at the latest entrants tonight and checked out yours again... I still get a giggle from it.
Glad my animation is still entertaining you! :scream:

...oh, and when you get a good gig... remember who your pals are...
Yes... of course! :beer:

seudo
05-02-2003, 03:41 PM
I love physical comedy like that. Got a good laugh from it. Great work with the animation. Too bad the limit was 15 seconds this could have been taken pretty far.

Good job.

seudo?

chepe297
05-03-2003, 03:04 AM
Hi seudo

Thank-you very much for your feedback and time to look through my animation. I am glad you enjoyed it.

best regards,
pete

webfox
05-03-2003, 08:07 AM
This could be a serious demo piece if you took it further.

It's one thing to use a concept. It's another thing to run with it. Work on it doesn't have to stop at the end of the contest.

The big places are looking for runners, not sprinters.

I think you could be a real creative contender, rather than some guy who does what he's told. I really wish you luck and hope you take whatever initiative or opportunities that arise for you.

Keep it up, man.

chepe297
05-04-2003, 06:52 AM
hi Chuck

Thanks for your constant support. It's great to have a pal like ya! Too bad work has caught up recently and I just don't have the time to work on my own animations that much nowadays... :rolleyes:

Have you recently done any new works yourself? Do post them up! :scream:

best regards,
pete

ilasolomon
05-06-2003, 09:53 AM
:D LOL! that's so funny ... good luck chepe, cya next challenge.

chepe297
05-06-2003, 11:58 PM
ila_solomon - Thanks! I am amazed by your work! Great models and textures! :scream:

YEP! I hope to see ya again in the next challenge! :beer:

CGmonkey
05-07-2003, 01:17 AM
hahaha I laughed my ass of when I watched your video... grat work!

chepe297
05-08-2003, 10:45 PM
CgMonkey - I am glad you had a bit of a laugh.

Anything to entertain you all! :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.