PDA

View Full Version : 3d cam import problem

zubov
07-23-2007, 04:18 PM
HI

I am using fusion 5.1 , and i have problems importing 3d cam.

From XSI 6.0, exported as .fbx, i can see the mesh, light, and a '' working '' cam that contains keyframe information ...
everything looks ok untill i map a plane exactly on the mesh, and realise that it slides ...

same problem when i export from boujou3 as a fbx ....

the closest i got was with boujou4 , exporting as a fusion scene, then i got a cam that was doing the right motion, BUT stiil have problem with the scaling of the scene ....
i place my plane according to the locators, and when i look in the cam , objects that are suppose to take 70% of the screen area are using lower than 10% .....

is there a scaling ratio to apply ? does anybody has already encountered any similar problems,

or maybe somebody did it succesfully and might have a receipe to share ?

i woul really like to be able to import fbx from xsi without pain and insomnia

thank you for the help

beaker
07-24-2007, 02:08 AM
fusion really likes .ma files but seems to hate everyting else. So try out the xsi to maya exporter.

zubov
08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
HI beaker,

First, thanks for the reply, your advise got me a dozen of feet further ....

We were reaching the peak of a project rush, so i didn't had time to R&D about it, but now that it is a bit more quiet, i got near a good receipe from boujou4 to fusion ....

I have exported a .ma from boujou, but unfortunately i can't bring the predictions in fusion by that mean. So i also exported a fusion .comp to have these locators information only, and trashed the ''wrong'' cam that came with.

I can tell you for sure that the maya cam was really where it's suppose to be .

There is still a little spatial shift with the .comp locators, and changing the scaling value within boujou didn't helped , neighter if i reduced it or raised it, so i have to presume that the scaling is not the issue.

I dosen't make sens to me that boujou can export a native Fusion 5 comp flow that is '' incompatible '' with fusion (and i'm not blaming eighter companies, just tryin to understand).

For the XSI scene export part, i will do some tests really soon, and post feedbacks as it's done .... i'm looking foward to see if i export a .fbx for the mesh and the maya cam will do a dream team lol .

so by the time if somebody else has a winning receipe for 100% accuracy/compatibility cam, locators and mesh import into Fusion, i will be happy to heard about it :D

THANK YOU !!!

Alex

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.