PDA

View Full Version : Delting Shape Keys?

[GFS]snoopy
04-06-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to freeze shape key transformations so that I can delete the models I made for selecting it as shape keys? Scene size is screwing up, especially because I need a lot of shape keys for facials anims.

thanks

[GFS]snoopy

macoy
04-07-2002, 05:10 AM
wonder if you can freeze the mixer, shoud work, try it....

[GFS]snoopy
04-07-2002, 10:16 PM
You can't freeze the mixer nor the shape tracks and sources. hmmm...

[GFS]snoopy

safman
04-15-2002, 08:19 PM
hey,

First of all you need to get rid of the shape target meshes, which I'm sure you've found already, can just be deleted, therfore making the scene smaller in size. However the problem is, that the shape mixer clips are still associated with the meshes;so if you delete the mesh...you end up deleting the shape keys.

Therefore you have to save the 'shape mixer clips' out into your project folder (as text files) before deleting there associated meshes. You do this by opening the shape mixer node in the explorer (either under the scene root or the model) navigating to the folder with all shape keys and opening each shape key's property page (double click). Then click on the save button in the top right corner, save them where u want.....delete the characters mesh (and therefore the there shape clips) and finally drag and drop the shape key text files that we saved out earlier onto the mixer (use the browser window). If this fails read the manual...it expalins the process alot better than I can!!

Saf:)

steurba
04-15-2002, 08:31 PM
Once You have picked all the shapes with "Select Shape Key" freeze the "Cluster Shape Combiner" node of your object (select the node in an explorer view and click the freeze button in the right bottom of interface).

Then You can delete all the copies.

Well, maybe it's better if you save the scene before deleting... I tried just with 4 cubes!!!

Ciao

SteUrba

[GFS]snoopy
04-16-2002, 12:40 AM
Thanks,

I'll try it immediatly. If seached in the manual for this problem, but all I've found was 'do not delete them!'! But your solution sound fine. I'll post my results.

[GFS]snoopy

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.