PDA

View Full Version : Adding In-Between BlendShapes (same node)

ussmc
07-23-2007, 05:35 AM
I have created a blend shape with in-between enabled (eyelids - closing both sides.) I want to add the left side of the eye lid closing on the same blend shape Deformer/node with Add In-Between Target enabled. How do I do that?

In the ‘Add Blend Shape Target’ option box:

- I have specified the node.

- Enabled Add In-Between Target.

- - I’m not so sure what Target Index is?
Hope it's clear. Need help please.

Robken
07-23-2007, 11:20 AM
the "target index" is key here :)

target index is basically the order of the blendshape targets as they are listed in the node.
the top target you see in the weight list (under envelope) in the blendshape node, is target Index 1. (actually maya uses a 0-based index, but it let's you state it in the GUI as a 1-based index.)

so you'll have to count which target index your left eye target is. Then select your inbetween shape and your base shape, go to "edit deformers - add blendshape" put in that number in the target index and set the weight to whichever weight you want the inbetween to be at full effect on.

ussmc
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Is this correct?
The Target Index = 1 because there is only one blendshape node so far.

I selected the inbetween shapes (there are 3) then the base shape.
Deformers > Add Blenshape option
- Add In-Between Target: enabled.
– Target Index: 1
• If I leave In-Between Weight to 1, I get an Error saying: Weights must be unique for inbetween targets.
If I set In-Between Weight to .3 or any number, the left eye blink merges with the shape that makes both eyes blink. It doesn't create another slider that makes the left eye close. Not only it merges, it corrupts it. Do anyone knows the correct method?

Need help, please.

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.