PDA

View Full Version : FBIK explode!!! Please help

giota
07-22-2007, 07:47 AM
I use the provided FBIK sample from the Maya library.

I move the character with effectors end i put full body IK keys
after 5-10 keys my character start to explode and evry time from the same position from left hand fingers.

I have the same problem in 12 different characters

I search this forum for same problems but i found only this
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=88&t=297192&highlight=fbik
it is the same problem but no answer

Please help :sad:

cabras
08-12-2007, 02:27 AM
I had the same problem when FBIK frist came out in Maya. Everything would seem fine until I reopened the file and it looked like the characters thumb exploded. The geometry of the character was all blown out in certain areas (usually, in my case, the appendages). The fix that I figured out was to go to a working version and lock the scale attributes on the joints. This kept all the polys weighted to certain joints from "blowing up". Give it a try.

-Chupacabras

yenvalmar
09-07-2007, 01:30 AM
i love reading these fb/ik posts. i'm never ever going to use it!! muhahah. just thinking of all th time i save makes me happy.

cabras
09-07-2007, 03:30 AM
FBIK can be a valuable tool in the right circumstances. It can really give a character some great secondary motion if used right. You should learn how to take advantage of it. Just my 2 cents...

-Chupacabras

Remi
09-07-2007, 06:30 AM
I've never understood the appeal of it either.

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2007, 06:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.