PDA

View Full Version : Save clusters

GrimPixel
07-22-2007, 05:20 AM
I did a search and couldn't come up with anything and if someone could help me out I would appreciate it. I am looking for a script to write out clusters and relevant data to file. Much like saving skin weights. I ran into a couple scripts from Highend that didn't seem to work. Looking for something that will work with 8.5. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Grim

chadmv
07-23-2007, 04:31 PM
If you go into the paint cluster weights tools, you can export the weight maps.

GrimPixel
07-23-2007, 08:03 PM
chadmv -

That's specific tool has given me allot of issue. I think becuase it expects the same exact membership when importing the weight map back in. Perhaps I am not doing something right. What I was looking for was a script that might write out the Cluster its membership and then the weight map. That way I avoid issues with not getting the exact same membership by hand.

Have I just not been doing something correctly. Should the saved weights for the clusters be working regardless if I get the cluster membership exactly the same?

Grim

CGTalk Moderation
07-23-2007, 08:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.