PDA

View Full Version : Vue 6.10 xstream in maya8.5

Ge0m3tRiC
07-21-2007, 09:32 AM
It is a real shame this program is as buggy as it is. I feel like im still using a Beta ver and not the full release:( First off I can get the Vue shelf to load just fine in maya, but when I click the tab there are no buttons on the shelf! Also when I try to work just out of Vue it crashes every five minutes, even if Im not doing anything in it. Its even crashed in compatibility mode several times for no reason. I realy hope eon gets the kinks out of this release because this program is capable of some realy amazing stuff but it is totaly not pipeline friendly at this point and im seriously considering going back to mental ray imagebased lighting and particle clouds for environments because this program is practicaly un-usable. If anyone has an idea what might be going on wif the shelf in maya please hit me up or reply as I could realy use this programs help for my reel. Thank u:)

movector
07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
It is a real shame this program is as buggy as it is. I feel like im still using a Beta ver and not the full release:( First off I can get the Vue shelf to load just fine in maya, but when I click the tab there are no buttons on the shelf! Also when I try to work just out of Vue it crashes every five minutes, even if Im not doing anything in it. Its even crashed in compatibility mode several times for no reason. I realy hope eon gets the kinks out of this release because this program is capable of some realy amazing stuff but it is totaly not pipeline friendly at this point and im seriously considering going back to mental ray imagebased lighting and particle clouds for environments because this program is practicaly un-usable. If anyone has an idea what might be going on wif the shelf in maya please hit me up or reply as I could realy use this programs help for my reel. Thank u:)
me too!
in maya 8.5, every time load preset vue scenes or build new vue scenes, it always crash maya, every time! but in maya 7.01, it's OK! i think it's the plugin problem, hope E-on to fix it, don't be so stupid!

kvb
07-31-2007, 02:15 AM
Not even gonna speculate what the problem is. But I do know that vue6 xs is far better and more stable that vue5 xs ever was. Both stand alone and integrated... at least in c4d. Maya's a different beast all together. Never used it, but it sounds pretty damn complicated from a technical standpoint; maybe therein lies the problem, or maybe it's your system. Not that there's anything wrong with your system, but Vue seems to be very touchy when it comes to individual machines (again based on v5 experience). Take 3 machines with the same exact specs and hardware and Vue might run fine on 2, while it acts like a spoiled child on the third:twisted: .

Personally, I'm happy with Vue 6 xstream
ummm, did I end up speculating? Looks like I did, oh well:D

good luck
kvb

Ge0m3tRiC
08-02-2007, 06:59 AM
I think some problems might be the fact that maya changed from alias to autodesk from 8.0^ so I know there was a lot of programming renovations. I would imagine it would be dificult to make a consistant plugin whne the 3d apps structure drasticaly changes.

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2007, 06:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.