PDA

View Full Version : Xstream Render nodes-Lightwave

IvanB
07-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking to get a few xstream render nodes, but before I do, I was wondering wether they will work with BNR (butterflyNet render). What exactly are the xstream render nodes? are they a small application you install on your render node pc's, or are they simply a license. Or is it an app you install on your master pc?

From which app do you render from?..I would have thought Lightwave (eg:screamernet)

If you had xstream on another pc..could you then use that machine as part of the render farm, to render a LW/Xstream scene?

any help would be appreciated,

Ivan.

IvanB
07-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Obviously no one has xstream render nodes whilst using Lightwave http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon9.gif. anyway for those who care,

After a week of trial and error, mostly error, I now know how it all works, however it doesnt work!

If your using Lightwave and xstream, and want to render via a renderfarm, you have to purchase xstream render nodes. What are xstream render nodes?, I'm glad you asked.

Xstream render nodes are floating licenses (serial number)..

What you do is install your full Vue 6 xstream application on your slave nodes (The exact same one you have on your main pc) and use the floating license (serial number) you purchase for $99 us. At the same time install the License server app on your main pc and link the pc's via the main pc IP address.

You can also use another full licensed machine/machines as your render nodes (that would be at the cost of a whole new xstream license) as apposed to just the render nodes (which are definatly heaps cheaper)

Now that thats setup, how do you render your scene?

Well in my case you CAN'T!

I use BNR as my render controller, and it works perfectly with my normal Lightwave scenes, however, it doesnt work with the xstream render nodes, when rendering a Lightwave/xstream scene...the nodes crash evrytime, but the main pc renders the scene fine.

Been working on it for a week now and have exhausted every avenue...GOT NO IDEA!

How does e-on test this type of thing, to be able to sell the extra render nodes? What do they render with?

Ivan.

Polou
07-28-2007, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=IvanB]Obviously no one has xstream render nodes whilst using Lightwave http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon9.gif. anyway for those who care,

Hi Ivan, yes I do care and no I do not have Xtream yet but I'm following all you posts.

I wil not thank you enough for all your efforts.

Please do post your ideas, we do care.

Thanks Ivan:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2007, 08:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.