PDA

View Full Version : Inverse of Spline IK?

Gabester
07-20-2007, 03:24 AM
Hey Guys,

Does anybody know how to create an inverse splineIK setup?

By that I mean, I want the jointchain to control the curve, not the curve to control the jointchain.

I'd like to manually be able to move around joints, and the curve will fold along with it.

_stev_
07-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Smooth bind the curve to the joints.

Gabester
08-06-2007, 07:51 AM
... so murmured the wise mysterious fellow, sailing into the sunset with his bag of tricks on one shoulder, and a glowing wand in the other.
Wait! .. shouted the young apprentice, but all that could be made out was the eary orange colored glow of the sun.

modi
08-07-2007, 12:47 AM
... so murmured the wise mysterious fellow, sailing into the sunset with his bag of tricks on one shoulder, and a glowing wand in the other.
Wait! .. shouted the young apprentice, but all that could be made out was the eary orange colored glow of the sun.

this should be plugged on the front page. lol.

Buexe
08-08-2007, 12:16 AM
this should be plugged on the front page. lol.
yes, indeed! : )
Well, apprentice, select the joints, then select the curve, then go to Skin - Bind SKin - Smooth Bind ( fiddle with the settings). Now your joints should deform your curve.

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2007, 12:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.