PDA

View Full Version : - Changing vid. card refresh rate???

CIM
04-06-2002, 02:59 PM
I have a nVidia card, and I've heard that on Win XP the maximum refresh rate is 60. I saw a program the other day that was supposed to fix this (let you have a higher rate), but I can't remember the url.

Doe this actually work, and is it safe to use--if anyone knows? I use a few programs that require good a video card, and was wondering if this program would help.

dg3d
04-06-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by CIM
I have a nVidia card, and I've heard that on Win XP the maximum refresh rate is 60. I saw a program the other day that was supposed to fix this (let you have a higher rate), but I can't remember the url.

Doe this actually work, and is it safe to use--if anyone knows? I use a few programs that require good a video card, and was wondering if this program would help.

I have a NVidia and had the same problem, but i found that is depends on your resolution and a second the driver install. One thing to consider, try to find the right driver for the monitor. There is a good chance its only written Plug and Play instead of showing what you have.

Hope this help!

sono
04-08-2002, 12:41 AM
I think I heard they 'fixed' the refresh rate in the latest drivers... if not check out Guru3d.com , they should have the refresh fix(es) there.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.