PDA

View Full Version : Connect circleShape to joint ?

Nothingness
07-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Hye all,

Looking into some finished rigs, i saw that they succeed into putting a curveShape into a joint. When you create a NURBScircle, you create the circle, and it has a circleShape. But i tried and there is like no way to put such a shape into a joint. Yet the riggers manage this perfectly.

Can anybody help with this?

cheers

Gnimmel
07-19-2007, 09:18 PM
You can use the parent command with the shape flag, for example;

parent -r -s nurbsCircleShape1 joint1;

make sure you also use the relative flag or else you will end up with a extra transform node which wont work.

Thanks,

Richard

Nothingness
07-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Damn, you just made me very happy man ! :thumbsup:

i automated almost all of the leg IK rigging, and now i'm up to the arms with ikFk blend.
I'm not gonna try the maya's build in IKFK blend since i think it never runs as predicted as it should.

TD's rule :buttrock:

Gnimmel
07-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Glad I could make you happy :)

Forgot to mention in the last post that doing this still leaves the original circle shapes transform node. To be clean it should be deleted.

Also this will work with any nurbs curve shape, so you can draw some custom controls if you want. As you are scripting stuff you can make a custom curve shape script to build extra shapes you need for controls.

Thanks,

Richard

Nothingness
07-20-2007, 02:17 AM
thanks!

i saw the little node that was left behind so no probs.
Everything works very well up untill i need the rotation of the wrist to be switchable between the IK arm and the FK one.

I'll figure it out in time :banghead:

when you fix something, there will be something else that needs fixing :cool: :twisted:

cheers and thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2007, 02:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.