PDA

View Full Version : An Insider's Look at Apple's Digital Video Strategy NAB

beaker
03-25-2003, 08:15 PM
An Insider's Look at Apple's Digital Video Strategy at NAB

http://www.seminars.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/ASPRegistration.woa/6/wa/eventDetails?eventId=21266

At last we will find out what Apple is doing with all the technology they aquired last year: Shake, Rayz, India, etc... Plus hopefully some updates to FCP/Cinematools.

dmeyer
03-26-2003, 03:10 PM
Hey Beaker, are you going? Hopefully they will indeed announce some insight on this...maybe some word of future Shake/Linux support!

beaker
03-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Naw, I dont feel like driving out to vegas(or flying) just for that. I have an exhibits pass for NAB, but it doesnt start till monday. I was only planning on going out there for one of the exhibits days. I'm sure there will be plenty of press releases about it on the web.

andre_alder
03-27-2003, 02:16 PM
hey guys,

What do you think that will happen with Shake, now that it is a Apple sofware?

Andre

beaker
03-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by andre_alder
hey guys,

What do you think that will happen with Shake, now that it is a Apple sofware?

Andre
Wait a week and a half and we will see. :)

Hopefully they will atleast keep the linux version of shake around(I hope, I hope, I hope!). They have to be working on some kind of turnkey system based on Tremor though because of all the other technology they aquired. All the people working at Silicon Grail went over to work with the guys at NR, so something has to be cooking if their team more than doubled to tripled in size.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.