PDA

View Full Version : Skinny weight problems

DJ Carlos
07-19-2007, 05:28 AM
I’m having a problem with skinny v 3.8. I lock down all my weights and edit them all, but when I unlock one joint in skinny. It fills up that joint with unwanted weights. When I relock the joint and try and paint the weights, it deforms the model. Do you have any solutions for this. Because once I work back up the chain it applies the unwanted changes to the next joint.. So I’m pretty much doing a big circle of editing each time. LoL.

Is there a workflow I should be following to stop this type of problems?

Can you help me in any way? I’m pulling my hair out :S

Carlos

alec.tron
07-19-2007, 08:41 AM
hmm...
that sounds kind of strange...
"I lock down all my weights and edit them all"
It s really hard to remotely track down workflow issues..... but you know the general weighting workflow right ??
Cos to edit weights you at least need one object that is not locked to take the weights from...and if you don t know the basics, you ld have to read up on them... = shitty bucket analogy in maya docs. Cos from the description it sounds to me as if you re using influence lock & unlock wrong or have some normalization issues (total weight being greater than 1.00)...

Some little hints:
Only use Add as a painting method...
Get David Waldens SkinningTools - Skinny functionality has been integrated in there and there s some nifty things...

c.

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2007, 08:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.