PDA

View Full Version : Calculating Preview problem

Troyan
07-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Has enyone experienced a problem with a complex scene where sometimes when you start creating a preview under the Create Preview option under the Render pane, the entire program locks down until it's done? Can't stop it, interrupt it, do any functions in Cinema until it's done?

JoelOtron
07-19-2007, 04:06 AM
I've had that happen when playing the animation in the editor (bombs away, usually) but never when rendering a preview.

Troyan
07-19-2007, 04:16 AM
Yeah, i've seen this happen more often when playing an animation in the editor, but seeing it more and more in Make Preview. If you change your mind that you don't want to wait if it's going to take too long, you better hope you saved, because the only way out is a Force Quit until it's done.

Srek
07-19-2007, 06:50 AM
The problem has been reported to MAXON and we were able to analyze it to a degree. So far it looks as if it is a QT internal problem and chances are we can't fix it. We keep an eye on it though.
Cheers
Björn

Troyan
07-19-2007, 03:55 PM
The problem has been reported to MAXON and we were able to analyze it to a degree. So far it looks as if it is a QT internal problem and chances are we can't fix it. We keep an eye on it though.
Cheers
Björn

Good 'Ol quicktime. There seems to be a love/hate relationship with software and Quicktime. I've seen a lot of production packages, 3D, Video and Multimedia, all have some sort of problem with Quicktime in some aspect over the years.

Thanks Srek!

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2007, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.